advertisement

The Photography Purchase Confessional Thread (GAS)

Ok - not 'gear' as such, but I finally gave in and upgraded my version of RNI Films from 4 to 5. Very pleased with the improvements. I'd say the results are right up there with where VSCO was before they discontinued it. However, RNI comes with a lot more film stocks. As an added bonus, the latest version has Aerochrome!

This is straight out of camera with no adjustments apart the application of the aerochrome look. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this :)

Tenerife by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fujifilm X100T

Liking that!

Liking that!

Thanks! I was going for a 'pale palm collection' look:

https://www.instagram.com/pale.palm.collection/?hl=en

50867145722_3bacc7044d_b.jpg

Lefty

Early in the new year I snagged a Fuji 16 - 80 on ebay, been using it in preference to the 55 - 200. Initial reactions - very versatile indeed, from wide angle to a very useful amount of zoom, IBIS seems noticeably better than my other lenses (55 - 200 and 18 - 55). Sharpness is fussier re aperture than either of the others though, wish it was more forgiving. WR is good to have too, so was able to take it out in heavy wettish snow without worrying. All in all a result.

You can always spot a man who goes onto the Talk Photography forum :)

:D seem to spot you over there as well :D

I'm doing well with my 2021 Photography Resolutions though, 24 days in and no gear bought, though I do seem to have amassed a collection of books and zines :) (thought I'd do a monthly reveal in this thread, so 7 days to go before the "January Reveal")

January Reveal - Books and Zines - its been a good month :)

Books:-
Shephen Shore - Uncommon Places
Melanie Friend - The Plain - Right up @eternumviti 's street!!!
Marc Wilson - Travelogue 1
Liam Wong - TO:KY:OO

Zines:-
Another Place Press Field Notes 16, 17 and 18 - more in this fabulous series, really high quality zines
Elland Panoramas - Horizon Kompact and Horizon 202 Images, all self developed and makes a great zine
500T - Aberdeen shot on Kodak Vision 500T
The Mountains Are Safe Space
Seaside Glory - the tenth zines of the Collated Observations series

WQcI93Sh.jpg

XFsMa3Th.jpg

Spent the grand total of 20 quid on an M-Mu43 adaptor (well it was actually a gift from a kind fellow member of Mu43 forum but I put 20 in the charity pot). It's given my Pen F an extra lease of life, and the Voigt glass just works so beautifully on it...and looks quite nice too. :)

Adapted by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

I have a confession to make.

I've succumbed to GAS and ordered a brand new Fujifilm X-E3 + XF18-55 + used XF27/2.8.

Park Cameras currently have the body only at £350 and the kit at £550. It was too good a deal to pass up (well, that's my excuse :D )

The intention is, it will become the camera I always have with me (probably with the 27/2.8).

Lefty

I've succumbed to GAS and ordered a brand new Fujifilm X-E3 + XF18-55 + used XF27/2.8.

Park Cameras currently have the body only at £350 and the kit at £550. It was too good a deal to pass up (well, that's my excuse :D )

The intention is, it will become the camera I always have with me (probably with the 27/2.8).

Lefty

Welcome back....... :D

Lefty
Looks a good wheeze, just ordered a body from them...cheaper than second hand ones are on ebay and I can use my unused lenses. Maybe keep it in the car for those opportunities which always seem to occur when the camera isn't on board.

Looks a good wheeze, just ordered a body from them...cheaper than second hand ones are on ebay and I can use my unused lenses. Maybe keep it in the car for those opportunities which always seem to occur when the camera isn't on board.

Yep - the price was too good to turn down! It arrived this morning and is wonderfully compact. It will take a while to get used to the ergonomics, but it's a definite step up over the Sony RX100 III that it replaces. The 27/2.8 should arrive early next week.

The only thing to be warned of, is that they are European models and aren't shipping with the correct adaptor. I called Park this morning and they said they will send out a UK adapter on Monday. (In the meantime, you will need to use a Europe to UK plug adaptor to charge the battery)

Lefty

Yep - the price was too good to turn down! It arrived this morning and is wonderfully compact. It will take a while to get used to the ergonomics, but it's a definite step up over the Sony RX100 III that it replaces. The 27/2.8 should arrive early next week.

The only thing to be warned of, is that they are European models and aren't shipping with the correct adaptor. I called Park this morning and they said they will send out a UK adapter on Monday. (In the meantime, you will need to use a Europe to UK plug adaptor to charge the battery)

Lefty

Surely you can use any old fig8 mains lead you have lying around into the battery charger - or where European ones a USB charger?

Just invest in one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J1BCZSS/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21 and you can charge in your car as well

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I own loads of M42 mount lenses that I use on Pentax-K, micro 4/3 and even L39 with adaptors. I've never actually owned an M42 mount camera though, so have decided to correct that. I'm looking for a really nice Pentax Spotmatic F but in the meantime a very nice condition Praktica TL 5B has arrived:

171428220.Auf7yRIX.tl5b_01.jpg

Surely you can use any old fig8 mains lead you have lying around into the battery charger - or where European ones a USB charger?

If it's anything like a couple of chargers I've noticed being supplied with kits now, the charger is an 'all in one' which goes straight into a mains socket without any provision for a mains lead. This means it has to have the country-correct plug. My Nikon Df has one of these, a bit of a pain tbh.

If it's anything like a couple of chargers I've noticed being supplied with kits now, the charger is an 'all in one' which goes straight into a mains socket without any provision for a mains lead. This means it has to have the country-correct plug. My Nikon Df has one of these, a bit of a pain tbh.

Exactly this - super annoying. When I spoke to Park, the chap was annoyed at Fuji as apparently they had 'sorted it'.

Seems like what Fuji had done was chuck a UK figure 8 cable in but as mentioned, this won't work with the charger. Luckily I've got a European plug adaptor so am OK until they can send the correct part.

Lefty

advertisement

Back