advertisement

The pfm Spotify Playlists

Playing it now, great lists and great timing - I need something to propel me along as I'm painting the outside of the house.

I hope someone might have time to pull into this little lay-by.
I thought I'd give this spotify thing a go, so I downloaded the .exe but don't seem to be able to create an account without joining Facebook (which I don't want to do). Can anyone shew me a way round this?
Thanks in advance.

yes I didn't want to link Spotify and Facebook either... fairly straightforward
  • under the big Facebook login option there is a smaller Would you like to create a Spotify account now? option
  • click on that
  • on the next page (in subdued colours) there is the option to...
  • create an account using your e-mail address
  • and there you can set uop an independent login..
  • HTH :)

a quick "thank you" to all the contributors.

I like the mix of obscure (to me) with familiar and well loved - finding great new music - for me is the whole point of decent sound systems...

only thing is red_guy I think you've cost me money - there are a couple I will have to go and investigate further

Not exactly new but I've added an old Fine Young Cannibals track after seeing Roland Gift on Jools Holand's new year's eve thing. OK, that was a few weeks ago too. Come to think of it Roland was about the only good thing on the worst show I've seen Jools do in years!

I'm new to spotify, so probably an obvious question .. can you 'download' these playlists and add them to your spotify account? or something ...

To copy tracks from shared playlists:

On a computer with Spotify installed, click on a shared playlist link e.g.

https://play.spotify.com/user/dadofsam/playlist/0M2HdRQHZdqiMPoQKvZ6GO

When the link opens in a browser, login to Spotify and the tracks on the playlist should be listed.

To save the tracks from the shared playlist to your own playlists, select a track and click on the button with '...' This will give you an option to 'Add To' one of your existing playlists or create a new playlist.

Don't know if that's the best way but it works for me.

advertisement

Back