advertisement

The PFM Produce and Share a Zine - Round 3

Mine turned up yesterday. It is superb, thank you very much. The whole set of these Zines is turning into a highly prized possession! Beautiful things!

Mine turned up yesterday. It is superb, thank you very much. The whole set of these Zines is turning into a highly prized possession! Beautiful things!

I'll echo that, just come back from 3 days away to find @John Barry 's zine - lovely.

And a box from Mixam has been delivered, will post out tomorrow.

@Mr Perceptive’s ‘Rocksavage Peninsula’ turned up earlier, another fabulous zine for the collection. Superb stuff, many thanks.

More thanks to Mr Perceptive for a copy of the latest Photozine delivered today which is another cracker

Interesting that both our zines are set in a historical context, great minds....... Also the associated print is a nice touch so thank you very much. I rather like getting these so will look out for a photozine group to join, as well as being a stimulus to take more photos

Latest photozine, Heading North extracts:

51189118748_d17efe6b8d_m.jpg

51189118938_74fcb1f11c.jpg
51189119113_b56bf7163b.jpg

51189966455_d2d9b093c0.jpg
51189119318_cf154a0e2e.jpg

(apologies - colours massacred by Flickr upload)

Just resurrected this because I've started on a zine. I understand the differences between gloss, silk and uncoated paper but not sure what effect these have in a printing context. I'm probably looking for maximum 'pop'. Any advice appreciated.

Just resurrected this because I've started on a zine. I understand the differences between gloss, silk and uncoated paper but not sure what effect these have in a printing context. I'm probably looking for maximum 'pop'. Any advice appreciated.

Excellent news about the zine - it's such a fun and rewarding process putting one together. You'll have to let us know when it's ready :)

In terms of paper, gloss tends to be best for 'pop'. The downsides being reflections when viewed from an angle and also gloss differential (although the latter only tends to be a problem with pigment inks and gicleee printing).

Hope this helps!

With Black Friday deals on the horizon, Is Affinity Publisher still a good app for producing zines? Would it work well for producing a photo album? I’ve used blurb in the past.

I would love to join in but being in the US postage would probably be a killer. I wonder if there are enough US based fishies to have a USA version?

Is there interest in a Round 4?

Looks like Affinity have a big announcement this week:

Though it might be video related.

I would have loved to have taken part in this round, but I'm cramped for time pre-Christmas. Being in the wine trade, I'll undoubtedly be twiddling my thumbs in the early part of next year!

Is there interest in a Round 4?

Looks like Affinity have a big announcement this week:

Though it might be video related.
I would have loved to have taken part in this round, but I'm cramped for time pre-Christmas. Being in the wine trade, I'll undoubtedly be twiddling my thumbs in the early part of next year!

We don't have a Round #4 yet, am happy to organise one, say for completion in May?? but could do witrh an idea of how many might take part.

advertisement

Back