advertisement

The PFM Produce and Share a Zine - Round 2

Very disapointed with Mixam. They haven't replied to my email so I will give them a call tomorrow.
Have to decide whether or not to print with them.
Sorry guys.

Very disapointed with Mixam. They haven't replied to my email so I will give them a call tomorrow.
Have to decide whether or not to print with them.
Sorry guys.

They were very quick to respond to me even out of normal office hours (evening), I'm sure a call will sort it out.

All of mine for the swap now shipped out and received

8FrL0yqh.jpg

Off The Rails - my latest Photo Zine exploring the abandoned Slate Trucks in North Wales Quarries
24 pages, 210mm square, full colour, printed on 200gsm paper with 300gsm cover.

They were very quick to respond to me even out of normal office hours (evening), I'm sure a call will sort it out.

I had the following email in my inbox this morning:

I'm checking this with our dispatch team, please note that we ship test prints via Royal Mail and they might face some delays these days.

I'll get back to you with an update as soon as possible.

I would like to thank @John Barry for taking me on a journey through time and through space.
It was nice to see some places I visited from a different perspective and to feel that urge to travel and meet new cultures in those I've not been to, to walk the desert and to photograph again. Furlough has been difficult...
Travel and street photography are my favourite genres.

@tuga - I've just seen this. Really sorry to hear Mixam haven't delivered the test prints yet. I had printing issues on the first batch of my zines and had to get reprints done. To be fair they turned the reprints around in 2 days and they were perfect, but it would have been better if it hadn't happened at all.

I may investigate alternative printers for my next zine...

Lefty

I ordered 170g Recycled Natural. It looks like sketchbook paper, not ideal for this type of photos.
I will go for 200g silk then, looks a lot better.

Sorry to keep you all waiting, hopefuly it hasn't raised your expectations too much...

Last edited:
The 200g Silk has produced a green cast (noticeable on skin tones) that I didn't get with the 170g Recycled Natural... :(
Still a lot more resolution and shadow detail.

advertisement

Back