Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The PFM Produce and Share a Zine - Round 2

Discussion in 'photo' started by Mr Perceptive, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

OK, this post is to launch Round 2 of the PFM Zine Exchange.

The idea of this challenge is that you sign up here and commit to producing a zine and posting it to all the other people in this zine group, everyone has to cover their own printing and postage costs and in return gets a fantastic zine collection from the other members of the group. The target date for posting out your zines is Saturday 17th October 2020 with Saturday 26th September 2020 as a last date for people to commit which gives 3 weeks for printing etc.

Now we had a lot of interest last time, but only about a third of those who showed interest actually committed to producing a zine, don't be scared, a zine by its very nature can vary from a collection of hand produced pages stapled or folded together (http://blog.umamidesign.com/ud-content/2013/09/ud_130918_zine-instructions.jpg) or a printed booklet (https://mixam.co.uk/booklets)

The zines from the first round are below
    [​IMG]

Thread for first round here - this has lots of useful reference information in it
    https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/the-pfm-produce-and-share-a-zine.239696/

Any questions and fire away, I'm sure someone can answer!!

Lefty likes this.
  2. kjb

kjb pfm Member

I'm definitely in for round 2. I learnt a lot from the process in round 1 and looking forward to applying it all to a new subject.

Mr Perceptive likes this.
  3. Lefty

Lefty Trade: Amar Sood Photo

Count me in for round 2. As above I learned a lot from round 1 and have some fresh ideas I'd like to try :)

4. kjb

kjb pfm Member

Lefty likes this.
  5. Lefty

tuga and kjb like this.
  6. Mr Perceptive

kjb likes this.
  7. Lefty

Excellent - thank you. Lots to have a look at there

It does indeed!

8. Mr Perceptive

I have them all!

9. kjb

kjb pfm Member

Thanks for the links.

There's some fine work there - I can see these becoming a new addiction. I've made photobooks using Apple and PhotoBox before but I like the format and utility of these far more. It's very cool to see the themes that other people have used to structure their shooting and also the way they've made curation a key part of the photographic process.

10. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

I'll say at this point that I will join in, but it will depend on my health situation between now and then. I do have a photoshoot booked for next Monday, out of doors, so fingers crossed...

Lefty and kjb like this.
  11. Mr Perceptive

Great and welcome aboard

12. Lefty

:eek:

13. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

Sorry, just couldn't fit the first one in with too much to deal with at work

However, I'll give this one a go unless I get hopelessly bogged down in the process

kjb, Lefty and Mr Perceptive like this.
  14. Mr Perceptive

Great to have you on board

15. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

I still won't make this round unfortunately.

16. Mr Perceptive

Some useful videos to make everything look more professional!! I found Sophia Carey when I was looking for videos of my old hometown (Croydon) - she's a young photographer (21) who has just gained a first class degree in graphic design.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    tuga likes this.
  17. Lefty

I didn't know you were from Croydon? I grew up just down the road in Bromley :)

18. Mr Perceptive

Born in Hornchurch Essex, moved to Croydon in 1969 (aged 6), left in 1985......don't remember much about Hornchurch so I always think of Croydon as where I grew up!

19. Lefty

Ah cool - I was born in Enfield, North London but moved to Bromely when I was 2 and grew up there so always think of it as home.

20. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

[​IMG]

The samples are back from Mixam! With a couple of tweaks I will send mine off for printing this week as we're away over the period of 26th Sept & 17th Oct so need to get ahead. Learning Affinity Publisher has been quite straightforward at this level, and I'm pleased with the colours & quality, so if I can do it anyone can!

Lefty and Mr Perceptive like this.