advertisement

The PFM 'Printing' thread

Another day, another print :D

32539076217_496cd17f35_b.jpg

Fotospeed PF Lustre 275 / Canon Pro-1000

Lefty

@Mr Perceptive - I was speaking to Vince from Fotospeed at the Connected exhibition today and he says that you can print longer than 24 inches on the Pro-1000 (up to a limit of around 3 metres). All you have to do is define a custom paper size and then cut a 17" roll to the length you wish to print. Might have to get a roll of Matt Ultra and give it a go with some 16:9, 2:1 and 3:1 images I have. Anyone for a 16 x 48 inch panorama? :cool:

Oh, and I also bought some A3 boxes of Smooth Cotton and NST BW :D

Amar

@Mr Perceptive - I was speaking to Vince from Fotospeed at the Connected exhibition today and he says that you can print longer than 24 inches on the Pro-1000 (up to a limit of around 3 metres). All you have to do is define a custom paper size and then cut a 17" roll to the length you wish to print. Might have to get a roll of Matt Ultra and give it a go with some 16:9, 2:1 and 3:1 images I have. Anyone for a 16 x 48 inch panorama? :cool:

Oh, and I also bought some A3 boxes of Smooth Cotton and NST BW :D

Amar

Oooooh, I thought the canon limit was 26" long, but that was only a software limit, its certainly worth giving a go!

I think both of us have become Fotospeed Paper Tarts, trying all the papers is a bit like I must have all the LPs by a particular artist!!!

@Mr Perceptive - yes, I also thought there was a 26" limit bit he seemed quite sure. I might ask on the FB group to see of anyone else has given it a go before buying a roll, but if it's true then it certainly open up the printing possibilities! Only downside will be figuring out how to feed the paper in. Perhaps I'll have to stand behind the printer and physically hold the paper up as it's being fed in.

Yes, we are definitely a Fotospeed paper tarts now! Having said that, I'l see that Permajet have some interesting papers too, and if you want to go really posh, there's always Hahnemule and Canson :eek:

Sunday is print day and as I'm off to The Lake District tomorrow, I thought I'd print one of images from my previous trip there in Autumn last year.

For everyday printing I tend to use either Matt Ultra 240 or PF Lustre 275, but I wanted to indulge myself today so decided to go with Smooth Cotton 300. Rather pleased with the result - I really should use my 'special' papers more often!

47502749802_53831e9917_b.jpg

Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 / Canon Pro-1000

Lefty

@Mr Perceptive - nice one mate, especially the bottom one.

I just treated myself to an A2 Dahle trimmer. It's superb. So much better than using a scalpel and a ruler!

Been a while since I framed an image. This was done at the insistence of my son who is a big fan of this one and wanted it up in his room. He's away at his grandparents' this evening and I plan to surprise him by putting it up while he's away :)

47599455812_8eed4303c4_b.jpg

Fotospeed NST Bright White 315 / Canon Pro-1000

Lefty

advertisement

Back