advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

I made my first retired set purchase a few days back, someone was knocking new sealed 70821 Lego Movie 2 Emet & Benny’s Build & Fix Workshop out at £15.14 including delivery, so I bought two. Not a valuable set, it was only £18 new, but it’s a really good one to my eyes having both Emmet and Benny minifigs and a little Classic Space-style spaceship. Has to be bottom of the market at that price. Arrived just now absolutely mint, not even the slightest ding on the box. I’m half tempted to crack one open and have Benny in his little spaceship (spaceship! SPACESHIP!) as an ornament.

LOTR Rivendell £430.

It seems extraordinarily expensive to me. I’m really struggling to see more than two modular buildings worth there. Lego pricing often seems all over the place to me. I guess the licensing fee is a big variable and stuff like modular buildings, NASA, Architecture etc doesn’t have any additional cut for anyone else the way Disney, Star Wars, LOTR etc will. Thankfully I’m not interested in this one at all.

PS I see a red K2 GPO phone box has just got through the Ideas selection process (Lego). I’m rather more interested in that one. I like old bakelite telephones.

It seems extraordinarily expensive to me. I’m really struggling to see more than two modular buildings worth there. Lego pricing often seems all over the place to me. I guess the licensing fee is a big variable and stuff like modular buildings, NASA, Architecture etc doesn’t have any additional cut for anyone else the way Disney, Star Wars, LOTR etc will. Thankfully I’m not interested in this one at all.

PS I see a red K2 GPO phone box has just got through the Ideas selection process (Lego). I’m rather more interested in that one. I like old bakelite telephones.
A definite buy if that one comes to pass.

A definite buy if that one comes to pass.

It has been approved, so it is definitely on the way! It will be refined a fair bit by professional designers at Lego before release, I just hope they keep it K2 box 200 series phone era and don’t move it later.

It has been approved, so it is definitely on the way! It will be refined a fair bit by professional designers at Lego before release, I just hope they keep it K2 box 200 series phone era and don’t move it later.
Let’s hope it’s out soon.

I was just passing** our local Smyths today when the Orchid set (10311) leaped off the shelf. :)

**OK, I admit that "passing" may be somewhat lacking in exactitude!

it is very pretty - we like all the floral sets. The orchid was bigger than i anticipated

Currently doing the new Dried Flower arrangement - i only realised yesterday that you can hang it on the wall

I think it will be followed by the Bonsai Tree & Succulents. But I noticed **cough* that they also had stocks of the Speed Champions sets.; there's a couple of those I wouldn't be averse to acquiring.

advertisement

Back