advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

I bought this Lego mobile crane set (60324) the other week and I've just built it. It's pretty good and the build was easy - it ought to be as it's a 7+ build lol

Only two things wrong with it as far as I can see: there's no guide for the cable at the base end of the crane arm so when you wind the winch cable in or out it just pulls off to the side of the arm; I fixed this by adding a small T-shaped piece of Lego from something another set. There are small flanges at the ends of the T so it just about does the job, but the arm really should come with a small Y-shaped piece to guide the cable or even better a designated collar. The other issue is that the 'bar' around which the cable wraps itself isn't ideal due to the knot hole in the middle of it and the fact that it doesn't span all the way across the gap; it drops off to reveal one of those black cross pieces. I fixed this by adding a small collar to that and now the cable wraps neatly when fully coiled, but failing that the cable mess is worse than the cable mess behind my Mana rack!

All that set, it's a really good set and one that requires building for sure, no ifs or buts about it. It's currently £20 on Amazon and typically goes for £30+ elsewhere so a wee bargain there :)

91uTvL6LO2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
My strict, self-imposed LEGO purchasing ban continues to be in effect, meaning I've only bought three sets recently - the Jazz Club mentioned above, along with the Dagobah Jedi Training Diorama and Star Wars Dark Trooper Attack Sets.

I think I'm doing pretty well with this not-buying-LEGO all things considered.

I did recently upload all my sets to Brickset as I realised I should probably have a record of all the sets I've purchased. It tells you the RRP for them all...Oof. Luckily I haven't paid RRP for them all (most were bought with discounts in effect) but it's still quite the number... :eek:

From what I gather, and have since learned myself, this photo shows a submission build. The official Lego build is, for better or worse, the official Lego build.
I’ll still buy it. It looks really good. Shame it’s £89.99 rather than £90 on the Lego site. ;)

Getting conflicting info on whether the Grand Piano is retiring this year so....one will be here tomorrow... :D

ZfkMQJ2l.png

Aaarrghhh... I've looked at that lots of times. Might be retiring, you say...
Seems to be out of stock at all the LEGO stores I've checked, as well as 'Hard to Find' and out of stock on the LEGO site. It's one of those ones I think looks like it'll be an amazing and clever build (same with the Typewriter) so I decided to 'pull the trigger' and get it bought before I miss it and regret it later...

advertisement

Back