advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

I'm gearing up to get the place on the market for a move and have - somehow - managed to stash all of the following unbuilt Lego in the wardrobe out of sight ready for the estate agent's photos:

euBtHnS.jpg

Bottom cardboard boxes are the UCS Destroyer and the UCS Millennium Falcon. I've failed appallingly to stick to my self-imposed 'no new Lego until I've moved' rule as I've somehow acquired the DeLorean and the Titanic's on back-order, due mid-May.... I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to store the Titanic.

Oops. :D

I'm gearing up to get the place on the market for a move and have - somehow - managed to stash all of the following unbuilt Lego in the wardrobe out of sight ready for the estate agent's photos:

euBtHnS.jpg

Bottom cardboard boxes are the UCS Destroyer and the UCS Millennium Falcon. I've failed appallingly to stick to my self-imposed 'no new Lego until I've moved' rule as I've somehow acquired the DeLorean and the Titanic's on back-order, due mid-May.... I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to store the Titanic.

Oops. :D
The Titanic has arrived. It's enormous and heavy!

My supposed self-imposed buying ban continues to go badly; I've also bought Ecto 1 (it was on a really good deal) along with the new Starry Night and Optimus Prime... I don't have the space to stash any of them... :eek:

Oh bollocks; Argos have some decent discounts on Lego at the moment.....so I've also just bought the Typewriter (down from £180 to £135) and BMW M 1000R (down from £180 to £118)...

I ran out of stashing space years ago. Yet, I keep collecting. The latest is the Architecture Pyramid of Giza.

That's a bargain. I've got the 1/8th scale Porsche, Bugatti and Lambo. Just waiting to get the Ferrari at a good price. I think these are highly collectable in MISB condition.

That's a bargain. I've got the 1/8th scale Porsche, Bugatti and Lambo. Just waiting to get the Ferrari at a good price. I think these are highly collectable in MISB condition.
The Chiron's the one I want. I really ought to get it before it retires as it'll go up in price when it does. I have the 911 RSR and the Defender, it'd go nicely with those.

I'm on the fence about the Lambo; I think if it were a more recognisable/iconic model such as Diablo, Murciélago or even better, the Countach I'd have been all over it. I think Ferrari have made the same mis-step with the Lego Daytona SF - it's a bit generically bland for a supercar and not really one of the recognisable or iconic Ferraris. It hasn't translated well into Lego format imo. Setting aside the name/branding of the Sian and looking at it purely as a model it works better thanks to Lambos typically being a more angular design (that's why I think the Murcié or Countach would work really well as Lego Technics models).

I have the 911 RSR and the Defender, it'd go nicely with those.
I don't think the RSR is the same scale as the orange GT3, which started the 1/8th scale series.

I'm on the fence about the Lambo; I think if it were a more recognisable/iconic model such as Diablo, Murciélago or even better, the Countach I'd have been all over it. I think Ferrari have made the same mis-step with the Lego Daytona SF - it's a bit generically bland for a supercar and not really one of the recognisable or iconic Ferraris. It hasn't translated well into Lego format imo. Setting aside the name/branding of the Sian and looking at it purely as a model it works better thanks to Lambos typically being a more angular design (that's why I think the Murcié or Countach would work really well as Lego Technics models).
The Sian is recognisable enough, but I agree it would have been much more compelling for Lego to make a 1/8th scale Countach.

Get the Chiron whilst it is still available.

Wow a Lego thread. I’m currently building the Technics Arocs truck from a single bag of pieces and a manual. I keep having to order tiny bags of bits to replace missing pieces, but I’m almost there.

advertisement

Back