advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

75150 Vader’s TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter
PM me how much you'd like for this one please... :)

Zavvi have a 10% off code until 12pm tomorrow - SALE10
Ooh; I got very, very close to ordering the Sian just now because of you... Decided that it's half the Titanic money and I think I'd prefer that more once it's back in stock though!

Last edited:
I got very, very close to ordering the Sian just now because of you... Decided that it's half the Titanic money and I think I'd prefer that more once it's back in stock though!
I've got the trio of 1:8 scale supercars in MISB condition, but none compel me to build them as strongly as the Titanic does.

I'm really pleased with the Lego Titanic. It's an epic build, which I relished over three weeks. Massive doesn't begin to describe it. In putting it together, I've come across weird and wonderful ways of putting lego bricks together, plus a fair number of unusual bricks. Here are some pics to show how much real estate it takes up.

AM-JKLWesPMAOJOLTLqFoHc2E73B8BLwqL9TB192l7jjJs5RS-5v0WVkKaq_gxwz_rjIAL1d2h9BEPW3kqRybO4CZQ1hfGQw5VeNwYnJj5XVLSxJ6Mn9EXAQMr8CaGTKmgx3isUs1t6nDFOV7wJ-4vf4R0mI=w1060-h1412-no

AM-JKLVUJXZjxpMIj0ZcwdBIUI3PQ3OuSG2KwfwUJMGySTngGO9u9SLURsmnLmW1g0B0nbg4XO4fiuxg2FcrvU-XakO3R81GO-8pIPfOcltsJ0j8Vid5xD3D31NlaCay5kQkzJKI-C6ZygkUkQm3wXATAgMX=w1884-h1412-no

AM-JKLXIVC0zv8OE9Y0llj0c_O7U8z9tV9H_zgc7ZAirrbRGbQ2-bRZiWV3LGvAPohyJGGpTZQlFzAUn66LiS_i9oPepjVJ1UOLxEfqT9TCEwRvHA2Gc48k-SfdjO8ysdNFxECJfvBtOkeKWv4ghHJWXAXjN=w1884-h1412-no

AM-JKLWpXPGqV5UUzmJZI1DajmZNFa6mG7ABwW8XnXanw0V97ZzCzwwrYFNM-TXG8MialK6UHjJQlPC-ni76B6K8MV90HEzlWG-LFgEKYcOr8JHo6lC3UFiBQVc1nX0UZKktmw0466Cp86SSQcEH-VCZbMpf=w1884-h1412-no

We pick out one set per year as a Christmas present. When we are done, Mrs. Hook likes to take a glamour shot. :)

camper-van.jpg

Last year was the Range Rover. That seemed a sturdier build than this VW Camper Van, but this one was equally fun.

We take our time and build one phase per evening. Not sure what we'll make next year, but am already looking forward to it!

Heads up; JL have the UCS Millennium Falcon down from £699 to £559 at the moment. I think 20% off is the best we'll see on these.

I may have accidentally ordered one as it's been on my 'list' for ages. Oops.

Every now and again Lego knock one out of the park, and this new Vespa scooter is one such example IMO. They have really nailed the form here. I’ve kind of stopped buying now as it is just so bulky to store, but I may make an exception here!

PS Obligatory Amazon link.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I think 71395 will be a collectible in a few years' time.

71395.png

I bought one to invest alongside my Nintendo set.

After saying I’d stopped buying to invest the current Jane Goodall chimp freebie (40530) got the better of me, so I’ve just taken a punt on the Vespa and Sonic The Hedgehog sets to qualify!

Vespa is arriving tomorrow from Costco (£79.99) Hoping it will stand well next to the Harley Davidson on the shelf as a thing that is made out of Lego but looks just like the real thing , kinda thing.

KXXqY2O.jpg

advertisement

Back