advertisement

the one percent.

This 80-minute documentary focuses on the growing "wealth gap" in America, as seen through the eyes of filmmaker Jamie Johnson, a 27-year-old heir to the Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical fortune.

very, very interesting.

very, very thought provoking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Darryl. No surprises that most of the rich interviewed rationalize their wealth as being due to their "hard work" and "business acumen" and that their fortunes ultimately benefit the rest of us lazy slackers. Also no surprise that money buys political influence that begets more money and so on, though Milton Friedman apparently deludes himself otherwise.

friedman is a muppet.... all the interviews i have ever seen of him are strange - he always contradicts himself and comes across actually as virtually a simpleton not very deep thinker... shame people 'fell' for his book.

good little film i thought.

I think people fell for Friedman because he told them what they wanted to hear. The same reason people fall for the Atkins diet. It's easy to sell a message when the message is to do something enjoyable.

"Pay less tax, it's your patriotic duty"

"Eat more bacon, it's good for you"

Saw that a while ago, very good. His father was once on the right side of things but got dragged back in.

friedman is a muppet.... all the interviews i have ever seen of him are strange - he always contradicts himself and comes across actually as virtually a simpleton not very deep thinker... shame people 'fell' for his book.

Most Muppets are far cleverer than that :p

What everyone needs to realise is that politicians learned all this Friedman and Keynes poo at Uni and think it's the only way to run the world! :eek:

I think Keynes has worked out much better than Friedman in the real world, though. Trickle down is the myth that won't die.

Most Muppets are far cleverer than that :p

What everyone needs to realise is that politicians learned all this Friedman and Keynes poo at Uni and think it's the only way to run the world! :eek:

i'll say his (friedman) book was used as some kind of bible for lazy thinkers as it suited their ideaology of greed....

advertisement

Back