advertisement

The mystery of the missing Easter Eggs...

Rack Kit

pfm Member
We left it late (yesterday) to get a couple of Easter Eggs for the kids a few doors down the road but could we find any? Nope!

Tried Sainsbury’s, Lidl & B&M but gave up as the shelves weren’t bare but had been replaced with other goods. I’ve never known this to happen before & always got used to even buying a few days after Easter when they’d be reduced.

Does anyone know what’s going on - those kids down the road ain’t gonna happy with a standard Mars bar instead of nice chocolate egg! :(

The reality is everything is enhanced, anything vaguely normal we are all doing to the extreme.

Tried buying a graphics card? Play Station? Tried getting wall plaster?

The reality is everything is enhanced, anything vaguely normal we are all doing to the extreme.

Tried buying a graphics card? Play Station? Tried getting wall plaster?

I’m ok for graphics cards, don’t have time to be messing around with PlayStations but I might need a plasterer sometime in the future.

I won’t leave it till the last minute to secure my haul of Easter eggs again.

I had the same problem with Advent Calendars last year. I got the kids Easter Eggs in February when they were everywhere.

I was trying to get a PS5 for the kids (with their money) and we’ve given up, this is a bad thing because the money looks like it’s going towards a horse instead.

I read somewhere that Easter Egg sales have hit record numbers this year. For the specific choices the kids wanted we bagged ours in February, although i picked one up for the wife only last Thursday. Local shops cleared out by Saturday with plaintive notes on the town facebook page asking if anyone knew where there were some in stock.

When supermarkets were banging them out at 75p each or 3 for £2, they weren't going to hang around for long.

Any decent tips Rob ? :)

Lol! Never let your kids anywhere near horses, ever, you’ll end up regretting it, no matter how cute a 3 yr old perched on top of a Shetland pony looks. (That’s how it started for me...)

or. Just stick a pin in the list for the 3.30 at Haydock, that’s probably better than any other advice I could give you, I am officially a Jonah at betting, if I’m putting money on anything, it’s going to lose.

My 28 year old daughter was miffed that she didn’t get an Easter egg yesterday. She doesn’t eat chocolate.

I'm afraid it just reflects good business practice, they were left with loads to get rid of in past years taking up space and having to be sold at cost or less.

Rgds
Stuart

Haven't bought an Easter egg for years, but I read a week or so back that this year there was a mad rush to buy 'Easter trees', of which I have never even heard.

We went out last minute searching for Easter eggs, but couldn't find any either. The local Co-op had some milk free ones but I didn't want to risk it.

I'm afraid it just reflects good business practice, they were left with loads to get rid of in past years taking up space and having to be sold at cost or less.

Rgds
Stuart
To be fair they do have a very proficient forecast team working on projected volumes, and have done for years. Running out is the worst possible outcome, shoppers will leave the store and get everything for Easter elsewhere. If one person does that the cost of disposing of a few spare cases cheap is a drop in the ocean. I suspect that this year the volumes are up.

A church not far from us has a crib-like display in its porch. The printed notice nearby says that easter eggs represent tombs (I didn't know that tombs were egg-shaped, but anyway ...) and that breaking them open was thus symbolic of the Resurrection. And there was me thinking that Easter eggs were connected with pagan celebrations of Spring and fertility.

Anyway, the church was locked, so I couldn't go in and argue the toss with the vicar.

A church not far from us has a crib-like display in its porch. The printed notice nearby says that easter eggs represent tombs (I didn't know that tombs were egg-shaped, but anyway ...) and that breaking them open was thus symbolic of the Resurrection. And there was me thinking that Easter eggs were connected with pagan celebrations of Spring and fertility.

Anyway, the church was locked, so I couldn't go in and argue the toss with the vicar.

Haha!

Huge shame you could argue the toss. Interesting how they would explain the word Easter...

Last year when this happened (at Aldi) I learned that all choc eggs remaining on Sat at closure we’re shipped out to kids homes, food banks etc. Perhaps it’s caught on.

advertisement

Back