advertisement

The Myst G-Ohm

sold lots of tma 3,s back in the day,great little amp. also had the wellard loudspeakers in the shop .they were very special.mike had just taken phil Collins pair down to his studio I think it was during the mixing of the abacab album(its all so long ago!) ......

philcollins.jpg

I realise I'm dragging up an old thread and I've not been on here for years but I still have my TMA and TMR. The TMA bought new form a shop in Chesterfield in 1987 and then the TMR directly from them a few years later after contacting them to see if they had any. They had one left that they weren't happy with the anodising of the front panel so let me have it cheap on the understanding it wasn't perfect. Never did find out what was wrong with it...

Hi, I used my TMA3 for numerous years with Quad ESL63's. Fantastic combination. Then when I moved the Quads to a dedicated room with William Hart power amps and Mitchel Argo preamp, the TMA3 lived happily with IMF ALS40 active transmission line speakers which are possibly the opposite of the Quads!
Both combinations were great. Only came to an end when the TMA3 died, probably due to the power supply which I will get round to repairing some time.
Good luck, its a lovely amp

I have one in the loft, got it second hand around 1989 for 375 I believe.
Will have to get it out and take some pictures, it did go bang one day and I had it fixed, the guy said it was a pleasure to work on. Not sure what he fixed but said he added something to stop it from happening again.

Rob

There is a short vid of my amp.will uploaded some pics later with the part added when it was repaired. Looks like it was made Feb 84 and the repair was june 92

I recently sold my truly mint black TMA3 locally with a set of Royd Edens and stands for £500. Buyer simply loves the combo.

advertisement

Back