advertisement

The MOSE/Hercules power supply for Linn LP12

I've seen reference to ' Steve Tuckett's "Number9" ' power supply - but no actually links anywhere. Does this exist? If so are there more details?

I've seen reference to ' Steve Tuckett's "Number9" ' power supply - but no actually links anywhere. Does this exist? If so are there more details?

Yes, he seems to be strangely slack about keeping the world wide web up to date.

If you really would like to know more details, PM me and I will send you his email address.

EDIT: he actually has posted here - see post #80 in this thread:
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184167&page=6

Andy

Oh, is this the power supply you have been experimenting with Andy? A very interesting and flexible design.

Oh, is this the power supply you have been experimenting with Andy? A very interesting and flexible design.

Yep, it has an awesome array of features. :) I am hoping my "production" version will be delivered tomorrow. :D

Now, this is driving 2x 24v (Rega) Premotecs atm (arranged diametrically opposed) ... but Steve has come across a Hurst motor (not the one used by VPI!!) which looks promising. It has about twice the horsepower of the Premotec motors .. so that's the next experiment. :D

Andy

Resurrection time again

Before I email him anyone know if Edmund is still selling these Mose boxes?

I have an internal Herc and fancy shifting it out

I've recently bought one from Stamford Audio. I'm sure Edmund was still an option, but I preferred buying from somewhere closer to home, so I didn't pursue buying directly from him. A nice upgrade from the Majik PSU for me.

I just ‘liked’ the OP then rubbed my eyes and checked it was indeed 2009! For my own part, I got lucky after my 2017 post when someone advertised a complete herc/Mose on pfm after I’d sold my newer fancy lp12 with the herc in it and put the Mose in my mid 80s ‘play’ sondek.

Read about the fishing line belt in the Nr. 9 thread. The are better fishing lines, braided, for instance.

Read about the fishing line belt in the Nr. 9 thread. The are better fishing lines, braided, for instance.

Z - are you talking about the Number9 website ... or the 'Number9 thread'?

If the latter - can you tell me how to find that post? (I can't see it on the Number9 website)

Thanks,
Andy

The thread above.

OK, the current thread is titled "The MOSE/Hercules power supply for Linn LP12".

The thread listed above the current thread (in the 'Audio' section of PFM) is titled "USB 2.0 or 3.0".

So I doubt it will be in that thread.

Perhaps you can explain what you mean by 'thread above'?

advertisement

Back