advertisement

The Lord Of the rings on 4K BluRay.

Love Harry Potter too, we bought the series on 4K. The picture & sound quality's variable, but still better than the BluRay.

Once this nasty virus thing's been given the boot, my (grown-up) offspring will be coming over for another LOTR day & we'll watch the extended 4K cuts of all three back-to-back.

Love Harry Potter too, we bought the series on 4K. The picture & sound quality's variable, but still better than the BluRay.

Once this nasty virus thing's been given the boot, my (grown-up) offspring will be coming over for another LOTR day & we'll watch the extended 4K cuts of all three back-to-back.
Likewise we love HP, haven’t pulled the trigger on the 4K versions, will buy the box set next year for Mrs AA bday.

Jackson’s early films are great fun. I know this isn’t what you mean, and although I understand their appeal, I don’t care for his LOTR, but then I’m not a Tolkien fan either. Saw the first film and found it enough. Some weirdo conversation earwigger tried to tear strips from me for my opinion!

My favourite Jackson films are Heavenly Creatures and Forgotten Silver. I’m sure They Shall Not Grow Old will join the aforementioned two when I see the entire thing.
Heavenly Creatures is a little masterpiece.

Not seen Heavenly Creatures in years, might give it a watch over the holidays.

We're doing up our sort of tv room if you like and when I finally get round to getting a really good tele again Lord of the Rings is going to be one of the first purchases.

Just started re-reading it again, love that wee Frodo fella.

advertisement

Back