advertisement

The Last Of Us

I'm looking forward to starting this. Jack Ryan to finish off and I'm just getting into Fauda too. What a slacker's life eh?!

Watched the first episode, and thought it ok, maybe a 7/10. Seems a little silly, maybe too zombie-shoot-em-up for me, but I’ll be watching it to see how it develops.

Watched the first episode, and thought it ok, maybe a 7/10. Seems a little silly, maybe too zombie-shoot-em-up for me, but I’ll be watching it to see how it develops.
I was just about to ask if it was a zombie thing. Guess the answer is yes!

I was just about to ask if it was a zombie thing. Guess the answer is yes!
Well, I’m not so sure. There was about 20 minutes of zombie-like action, early on, and that was it. Went all post-apocalyptic after that, and zombie free.

A decent first episode - filled with moments of tension and, dare I say it, nuance - though the reveal at the end seemed a little rushed.

The original Videogame was amazing. Very tight gameplay, not revolutionary, and probably one of the best stories both in beats and execution.

As good as it was/still is, I have no desire to revisit that world. It was just to gut wrenching.

The original Videogame was amazing. Very tight gameplay, not revolutionary, and probably one of the best stories both in beats and execution.

As good as it was/still is, I have no desire to revisit that world. It was just to gut wrenching.

Quite so, but it was beautifully absorbing, it's the first game (im not a big gamer tbh) that completely engulfed me into a whole new world and although petrified at times, I didn't want to end, a complete alternate reality where you become emotionally attached to the characters and the story.

The tv show hasn't done that yet, just seems like a another generic zombie show so far. Unusual for HBO , even the set design is lacking in atmosphere, I can see some cost cutting going on.

advertisement

Back