advertisement

The Know it all Audiophile

Darko’s latest video made me laugh. I think he is describing everyone on this forum, especially the bit about DIY streamers. :)

wtf.gif

Who is this Darko know-it-all anyway, another one of those self-appointed gurus who makes his living pushing audio gear on the gullible???
A friend of Michael Lasagna, the guy who was banned from Computer Audiophile for his impeccable manners and utmost respect for others, and subsequently sacked from Stereophile?

What I hate the most about this topic is that each and everyone of us who clicked on the link has fed the dark-0 know-it-all...

I’m surprised Darko’s still around tbh. I always assumed that he’d have disappeared up his own fundament by now.

He must be doing something right if the industry is still sending him gear to sell...oops, to review.

wtf.gif

Who is this Darko know-it-all anyway, another one of those self-appointed gurus who makes his living pushing audio gear on the gullible???

OK so he retails audio equipment, and posts stuff that may/will promote his profile and ultimately his sales........

There are a few on this forum who do the same.......sometimes they talk sense, sometimes they talk bollox. When they talk sense they get nodding agreement, when they talk bollox they get told so.

OK so he retails audio equipment, and posts stuff that may/will promote his profile and ultimately his sales........

There are a few on this forum who do the same.......sometimes they talk sense, sometimes they talk bollox. When they talk sense they get nodding agreement, when they talk bollox they get told so.

We all talk sense and bull sometimes so he's just an ordinary guy; with a difference: he has a broadcast channel and makes money out of his talking.
Why then does he have so many followers?
Why is he even mentioned/linked?

The skill is to see thru any YouTube video (or pfm post for that matter), and take what you need from it and discard/ignore the rest.

Eg when I was initially looking at Innuos, the Darko video was informative from a set up perspective. I was not going to trust his observations on sound. I was always going to listen for myself. All reviews and reviewers should fit into this category.

I’ve met dealers that are very fair and informative. I’ve also met dealers that are very judgemental.

The Know It-All Audiophile, is a cable believer.
I disagree. The Know It All Audiophile knows that cables can't and don't make a significant difference. Mains, ethernet and USB cables especially, but any differences in interconnects or speaker cables are largely down to shortcomings in the boxes they connect, or are not important in the scheme of things, being effectively tone controls.

He has nailed the audiophile type, but I myself prefer to test the audio equipment with Rock, Classical and Jazz rather then some modern sounds masquerading as music where not one instrument was included and defnitely not most of rap where the singer (or preacher) is trying to get over his anger and frustrations. I suppose the film was made in Berlin?
But its true the audiophile he describes rove the forums of HiFi/Audio matters. However at the end of the day I disagree with that no one cares about the quality of sounds, if it was not for the existence of audiophiles, a lot more recordings would be highly compressed, there would be a lot more variables on the MP3 and HiFi would be governed on practicality issues rather than quality of sound issues. It would be HiFi for the 'masses' like holidays in Costa del Sol where all the worst of human nature breed and thrive.

I disagree. The Know It All Audiophile knows that cables can't and don't make a significant difference. Mains, ethernet and USB cables especially, but any differences in interconnects or speaker cables are largely down to shortcomings in the boxes they connect, or are not important in the scheme of things, being effectively tone controls.

Agreed on mains, Ethernet, USB and correctly specced digital cables. BUT speaker cables and to a small degree, analogue interconnects do have a considerable difference. Saying the boxes are to blame is just frankly dumb and shows little experience or knowledge about system building.

My old Flymo garden vac cable is still going strong connected to my HLP3ESRs. I did make sure I cut off the melted bit and washed the muck off before using it though and I’ve got it on both speakers now. Previously I only had enough to use in one and I had a short bit of van den Hul on the other.

Forums are inherently places to let everyone know how wrong they are & how right they are.

Subject matter is a side show for the real reasons many take part in discussions on forums.

The go to place was always the cable thread but has been superseded by the Brexit thread for anyone interested in how this all works.

It's just willy waving at the end of the day.

My old Flymo garden vac cable is still going strong connected to my HLP3ESRs. I did make sure I cut off the melted bit and washed the muck off before using it though and I’ve got it on both speakers now. Previously I only had enough to use in one and I had a short bit of van den Hul on the other.

Ah now what you need is a Powerline for your Flymo garden vac.... Naim have an enviable reputation for stuff that really sucks!:D

Forums are inherently places to let everyone know how wrong they are & how right they are.

Subject matter is a side show for the real reasons many take part in discussions on forums.

The go to place was always the cable thread but has been superseded by the Brexit thread for anyone interested in how this all works.

It's just willy waving at the end of the day.
Put it away, Raga ;)

advertisement

Back