advertisement

The journey begins….

That'll sound grand, that.

I tried a couple of arms on my old TD125 and the best sounding was the stock arm, when it is all up and running as it should you'll have to spend a decent amount to better it.
Agreed. Many of the Thorens tonearms sound far better than folk give them credit for.

I ran a Grace F9E on the same model that Del has there for a number of years during the '80s. Admittedly, the Grace improved when I changed out to a Mission 774 tonearm, however, it sounded worse overall on a Basik LV-X, with hot singles like Yazoo's 'Situation' leaving Alison Moyet sounding as though she were singing 'Spituation'!

Agreed. Many of the Thorens tonearms sound far better than folk give them credit for.
It looks like a nicely made arm. The table is tank-like in its build and weight. I’m cleaning the phono wires in preparation for soldering. I already have bought a new belt that I’ll need to stretch a little apparently. Once together I’ll give it an initial test drive to see how it sounds.

Now removed the sub platter after removing unexpected retaining clips. Looks clean inside. Oiled the bearing and it’s spinning freely.

I’ve some old Deltron terminated cables somewhere. Once located I can repurpose the plugs. Should be good soldering practice.

Now removed the sub platter after removing unexpected retaining clips. Looks clean inside. Oiled the bearing and it’s spinning freely.

I’ve some old Deltron terminated cables somewhere. Once located I can repurpose the plugs. Should be good soldering practice.
I hope you have some flux

This is coming along nicely, Del.

Is the earth wire missing, lost some of its length, or has it lost continuity altogether?

advertisement

Back