advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

A new update is available on FB, it has accompanying photos. A power regulation board for the DAC array is shown with a very low noise measurement curve.

A small tangeable piece of the DAC measures well. Still trying to stay positive.

A new update is available on FB, it has accompanying photos. A power regulation board for the DAC array is shown with a very low noise measurement curve.

A small tangeable piece of the DAC measures well. Still trying to stay positive.
I also remain positive, but disappointed that I am still waiting and I succumbed to the pressure and bought a new DAC. So it has to be special to make up for the time lost:)

I also remain positive, but disappointed that I am still waiting and I succumbed to the pressure and bought a new DAC. So it has to be special to make up for the time lost:)
Having held off upgrading my DAC for a few years in anticipation of the FDAC, I'm now a month or so away from spending 3.2K GBP on a Spring 3 KTE.

I almost jumped to a Venus II about 8 months ago, but then JW hinted at a July shipment date and everything looked like progresing fast, I held back keeping my money ready for the FDAC.

But now I'm coming to the conclusion that I need a new DAC for Christmas so I can get on with enjoying music as much as I can. Rather than hoping like mad that things on this project move to delivery. If and when the FDAC eventually does comes along, I'll hopefully be able to afford it and then an interesting A/B comparison will be undertaken with perhaps one of the units sold on.

Having held off upgrading my DAC for a few years in anticipation of the FDAC, I'm now a month or so away from spending 3.2K GBP on a Spring 3 KTE.

I almost jumped to a Venus II about 8 months ago, but then JW hinted at a July shipment date and everything looked like progresing fast, I held back keeping my money ready for the FDAC.

But now I'm coming to the conclusion that I need a new DAC for Christmas so I can get on with enjoying music as much as I can. Rather than hoping like mad that things on this project move to delivery. If and when the FDAC eventually does comes along, I'll hopefully be able to afford it and then an interesting A/B comparison will be undertaken with perhaps one of the units sold on.

JW is a serial liar! I'd get the Spring 3 KTE and enjoy it. It looks like a very interesting product and I have to say I am thinking to myself, go on, you'll like it (just another attack of GAS that I'm trying to fend off)!

Have you ever see the Becket play "Waiting for Godot"? If not, see if you can find it on YouTube. MDAC2=Godot.

When I bought the May I had lost hope for anything this year. But will also get the MDAC2/FDAC if it see light next year. At least now I am happy with what I got.

I find it hard to get excited about the compromise offering that is the MDAC2 even if it were completed. It’s hardly the state of the art DAC we were asked to fund, and I don’t really want to own anything that is related to John now anyway. There are loads of great DACs out there now and so the only motivation to stick with this is a sunk cost bias as far as I’m able to see.

Itll still be sota if he delivers a discrete dac n clock with good output stage. The output stage is the limiting factor in all dacs these days.

I will definitely get Johns DAC if it get finished. I am too curious to hear what I have been waiting for so many years and so far paid on the wrong side of 6K.
On the subject of alternatives there is another favorable review up for the Spring 3 and comparing to the Pontus DAC.

I will definitely get Johns DAC if it get finished. I am too curious to hear what I have been waiting for so many years and so far paid on the wrong side of 6K.
You’ve paid 6K+? And you still want to keep going? You and I are obviously very different people, let’s just leave it at that. Ps. I have a bridge I wish to sell, interested?

Itll still be sota if he delivers a discrete dac n clock with good output stage. The output stage is the limiting factor in all dacs these days.

Wasn't there talk of a tube output stage? Lampizator published some of his designs, so those would be a good design starting point, or perhaps a commercial deal could be done for a current Lampizator output stage design to be incorporated into the MDAC.

I emailed John and his Moll pointing out that taking pictures of something done a month ago is not really progress, also as he is retired he can concentrate full time and could he please provide a timetable and not whine about negativity since the debacle is entirely his own doing. Cc his wife on all emails might get more response than just John alone as I suspect she will not be that happy with him, the pictures appeared on FB after I wrote to both of them.

advertisement

Back