advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Well the other viewpoint is con artists are often charming and if he is in it up to his neck why not accept help?

I'm not defending the decisions he's made, i comment on this thread because i think those that are owed thousand for the VFETs etc have been treated beyond contempt.
His history on DIY audio etc was always genuinely helpful to others, no doubt he's working his ass off to get things done, but it's probably to little to late for most people.

Today's MDAC memory from 2013 !

Dear Jason,

We are scheduled to receive the MDAC2 PCB back from rapid PCB production tomorrow – so we are now “Officially” at the next stage of the project & we welcome the second stage installments.

The Second stage installment option has been added to our web page under the “Select MDAC2 Installment:” option button.

http://mdac2.lakewestaudio.com/

We are looking forward to Christmas as we plan to listen to the new Analogue output stage (cobbled onto a MDAC1 PCB).

Happy Christmas & all the best for the New Year.

Renata & John Westlake | Lakewest

Today's MDAC memory from 2033 !

Dear Jason,

We are scheduled to receive the MDAC2 PCB back from rapid PCB production tomorrow – so we are now “Officially” at the next stage of the project...

Today's MDAC memory from 2073 !

Dear Jason,

We are scheduled to receive the MDAC2 PCB back from rapid PCB production tomorrow – so we are now “Officially” at the next stage of the project...

The digitally clocked sonar section that synchronizes optimistic FB progress reports with bursts of pessimistic noise on here appears to be working well.
I think the pessimistic coherent noise here has many sidebands in the audible range and is easily swamping the weak flickering optimistic signal of a hopeful tune.

Ahh, right. The good person who exudes charm and knowledge when raising funds but fails to deliver ...

Oh and by the way ... this passage from the article about Ms Holmes reminds me of what MQA does ...

"Keeping the 'secret sauce' secret
In Silicon Valley intellectual property is closely guarded. The 'coke' recipe, the secret sauce, is often the thing that gives a company value, and new technology firms are particularly sensitive to having their ideas copied or stolen.

Secrecy is important for these companies to succeed - but that culture of secrecy can also be used as a smoke screen, particularly when even employees and investors don't understand or aren't given access to the technology itself."

They will for me, my hearing is deteriorating faster than progress to completion.
So is JohnW's. He is 51 now, so he was actually very young when he designed the DaCapo and the Cambridge DACs and would actually have been able to hear the Red Book filter differences at the time

advertisement

Back