advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

La
I created this private group here on Facebook to allow me to give constructive updates to project development sponsors who have entrusted me with delivering a product.
Partially due to the understandable disappointment surround the development time – and partially due to those focused on trolling and kicking dirt protected by being anonymous on the internet, PFM has become too toxic for me to post.
With this consideration, PLEASE refrain from "copy and pasting" from this private FB group to PFM.
For those on PFM who are not members here on this FB group, and whom have also expressed genuine interest in the MDAC2 I have recently created an Email group where I have started to copy and paste the weekly updates…
I understand no malice is intended for those who have posted info from here to PFM, but you can see the reaction when any info is posted - which amounts to just feeding the trolls. I would prefer to never to have to visit PFM, but I need to insure that there are no genuine development sponsors posting whom I have missed (Hopefully, anyone who has genuinely posted interest has been added to the Email group).
The Email group not an ideal medium to post as it prevents rapid open group two way communication… but one would hope for those not members of this closed FB group its better then being in the dark..
Once I reach towards the end of the MDAC2 production list posted here – then I’ll post on PFM. As by this stage the MDAC2 will be in the hands of many,it should remove much of the ammunition from the trolls, allowing for a more constructive PFM thread. It will then give me a chance to insure no one on PFM has been genially missed off the MDAC2 production list.
I need to stay focused on the development and delivering, however the constant poison on PFM really knocks me back – I push because its my obligation and responsibility too – BUT my energy is not unlimited… but please Trust me I DO understand AND feel the burden and responsibility!!!
Thank you for your understanding.
test:

I wish John would step out of his denial and be accountable rather than try to create a narrative about all these awful people on the internet that he took thousands of pounds from many years ago with nothing but dreams in return.

I just hope the well documented losses here mean others don’t get stung by this man.

To be brandmarked as a Troll just bc I handed over a total of about 100K together with others
and become a little uncomfortable after nearly 8 years is a steep shot.

If I had already gotten 100K from some and they'd get kind of uncomfortable meanwhile,
and I saw an opportunity that perhaps some more people could throw money at me,
it would indeed make good sense to seperate those two groups.

Serious interest being an euphemism for: willing to pay.

So, even if in a very screwed way, according the aforementioned..it does make sense.

I'm really curious how many will still hand out real money after all of this now.

By the way...a thread about an item will not become any more constructive as long as the object in question does not materialize at some point.
A thread about something that fails to materialize for 8 years is by nature quite unconstructive.
To blame the waiting crowd for the unconstuctiveness caused by the missing item,
is in it's backwards logic either genius or completely mental.
I'd leave that one up to you.

Latest from FB:
Good news - finally
1f642.png
I’ve just issued the first of the expected 3 MDAC2 development PCB’s – with expected delivery in the next 18 working days.
This MDAC2 B01 PCB will confirm:-
1. MDAC2’s DAC Array
2. MDAC2 / FDAC Array Discrete PSU section
3. Part section of MDAC2 / FDAC Clock design
The next PCB MDAC2 B02 (after the results from this first PCB) will depending upon performance results – will either continue with this MDAC2 style DAC array – or revert to the original FDAC style Array & build upon the Clock section, also duplicating the second audio channel.
The 3rd PCB MDAC2 B03 will build upon the second PCB with full discrete Analogue Output stage and full digital inputs (USB etc.)
Then the 4th PCB spin will be MDAC2 production Beta units / hopefully final production PCB.
While waiting upon the B01 PCBs to arrive, I’ll be working on the MDAC2 B02 PCB design and FPGA firmware development (hoping that the design of the yet test B01 PCB is good)!!
I’m really looking forward to testing the B01 design when the board arrives as the MDAC2 DAC array concept is unique and exciting - I’ll be very pleased if the technical limitations of the crude earlier rats nested “initial test” version I built to aid the FPGA firmware development is resolved.

Using a throwaway account, dont want to be removed from the facebook group.

Plenty on facebook. Had to remove all the Emoji's as forum software thought this was Spam!

All posted by @JohnW

Posted yesterday on FB

I now have NOS (New Old Stock) DAC array IC's in Lakewest stock to build all development sponsored units - but with the worldwide semiconductor situation just getting worst everyday - the other ICs used in the design will be the limiting factor when we move to production (but they are "in production" so its just a time factor).

Posted 27th May on FB

PCB's are now in Europe – I'm really keen and excited to test the new MDAC2 DAC array concept on a properly designed PCB... fingers crossed that the PCB's arrive this side of the weekend
I now have 2950 DAC array IC's safe here in Lakewest stock so I can be assured to be able to build the 90 MDACs on the list – with another 5Kpcs on there way from China so I should have plenty for more boards (32 are used per PCB).... The worldwide IC situation is REALLY looking grimm, and just keeps getting worst everyday as everyone panic buys, at this rate we might just have the DAC array IC's and nothing else when we come to production!!!
I just hope that after purchasing the Array IC's I get decent technical performance from this style DAC array... I'm sure it will sound amazing (Hopefully)!!... but as a designer it must also has to have decent technical performance!

Posted 25th May on FB

While waiting for the PCB's to arrive not much to report... I spent significant time last week ordering the components for the PCB - the semiconductor situation is just get crazy - I really don't know what going to happen when we reach production...
On a positive note, I now have in stock DAC array IC's for 90 MDAC2's (2880 pcs) - and possible more coming... looking at the worldwide semiconductor situation it looks like we will have the DAC array ICs but not much else!!!
I just hope the MDAC2 DAC array concept performs well, or I'll have wasted funds purchasing these array IC's... but more to gain if they work well
I've tried to work on the Clock section PCB design last week, but I guess I needed a few days break after issuing the DAC array PCB - to recharge my batteries, so I hope this week I'll be more productive.

I now have NOS (New Old Stock) DAC array IC's in Lakewest stock to build all development sponsored units - but with the worldwide semiconductor situation just getting worst everyday - the other ICs used in the design will be the limiting factor when we move to production (but they are "in production" so its just a time factor).
I don't want to upset things at this potentially delicate stage, but the words "just a time factor" made my eyebrows raise a little this morning.

I really had the hope/expectation that John would now mail us /NotOnFB all FB messages. I guess that is not the case.

He promised that from the very start, and (other than the emails about payment) I have never received a single email since then.
Would be a nice clean way of updating everyone, without all the worries about 'observers' wading in.

I don't want to upset things at this potentially delicate stage, but the words "just a time factor" made my eyebrows raise a little this morning.

..my nos kicked in only 2 words earlier.."in production" in quotation marks.. I love it.
But don't let that hold you off, I'm merely checking in for a laugh meanwhile.
The old sinus-cosinus up and down..on a positive note...problems..probably done..hope..situation..massive issues.
..and then: soon ! :)

advertisement

Back