Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony L, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

I'm guessing they paid him a large amount of money and he developed and delivered the design for them.

Sounds familiar somehow? apart from the delivered bit...

That's not strictly right though is it?

We paid him to develop the design for Stack

Maybe the website should read

...Achieving true phase accuracy was John Westlake’s main focus, when designing the LINK II with the help of the disgruntled investors in the MDAC2 project and detox....

russel likes this.
  2. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Id had three new dacs since this thread started, just saying...

torstoi, nmtjb and Tigerjones like this.
  3. Timcat

Timcat pfm Member

Come to think of it, so have I!

4. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I’ve only had one new one, though that was designed by JW.

5. Rune

Rune pfm Member

And so have I in the following order Hugo 1, Pro-Ject S2 and Teak nt-505. Sold the Hugo. Have been looking at Discrete DAC options lately, but do not like the prices of what I want.

6. Nick1881

Nick1881 pfm Member

Any updates on the facebook group?

7. Ian M

Ian M pfm Member

Just one post. He’s asking haw many people still want a stand-alone detox! Still hasn’t named the company he is working with.

8. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

Why is he asking on FB only?.

9. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

That’s his preferred platform. It’s a closed group which means he can exclude ‘troublemakers’.

Perhaps the most succinct response was along the lines of “No, concentrate on a single project, the MDAC”.

I wonder if we’ll have a party when the wait hits ten years?

10. russel

I am glad someone has called him out to stop him drifting yet again, he seems determined to come up with other projects that provide him with an excuse to delay the MDAC2. If we have a party, I suggest Berlin.

Rosewind and Wilson like this.
  11. Rosewind

Rosewind Lost in Translation

Prague would be better - I know a good Indian restaurant + a very, very good brewery/pub. John could pop by with his latest detour in hifi.

Stuart Frazer and russel like this.
  12. brab

brab pfm Member

Those who have been following this drama know that there is only one suitable location for the celebration- Munich.

2_dive likes this.
  13. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

Ah, but, which Munich?

14. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

I suspect one in an alternative universe might be the best bet, one where procrastination was never invented.

15. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

The one that painted ‘The Scream’?

Sorry.

BTC3, Morph3R, Craig B and 2 others like this.
  16. Timcat

Timcat pfm Member

In 14 days this thread will be a year old..... Another year of successfully kicking the can down the road John!

17. russel

He could take a picture of us all waiting and waiting..., oh hang on he doesn’t have access to any cameras.

Wilson and Darren like this.
  18. gints

gints pfm Member

I guess, it is my turn to ask is there any update report anywhere?

adamdea, russel, Wilson and 1 other person like this.
  19. russel

It’s like the myth of Prometheus only instead of having our liver pecked out by an eagle we have to return here to ask about progress.

20. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Around ten days ago John was off to spend two weeks with the production vendor, so I'll be checking for an update at the end of next week or thereabouts.