advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Detox development fee: £50 (28/08/2015)
MDAC2, L2 development fee (Toy/Fusion instalment): £100 (09/03/2015)

Paid all installments for L3 FDAC + Phono stage £600
Detox £50
Salvaged MDAC £370

I don't do Facebook for various reasons.

Any chance of a breakdown of what products that £6570 was for?
OK here it goes:
2 x VFET amps £4600
2 x all installments for L3 FDAC + Phono stage £1200
2 x Detox £100
1 x Streamer £185
1 x DevDAC £300
So the correct number is £6385 Think I forgot to subtract the Streamer I have received.

FDAC L2 £400
Detox £50

Moved house twice life gone to pot, no paper trail only detox emails about choosing the psu plug form. Having to compile Paypal history into PDF as it's been so long and its not on the website.

I have a Gustard A20H now, I scraped the IR beam and wrote an android app for the IR blaster, im happy enough with that (& moodeaudio) to see me out, if refunds are ever available ill take that.

I will update with the dates once the compilation completes. I think i paid with paypal, the online bank statements only go so far back too, you'd think a few hundred lines would be readily available in todays world.

Hi Tony

I invested approx £4000-5000 for VFETs, FDAC and DETOX (of which I am one of those who still want to get one, even if it has a shoebox for a case!).
I could trawl through endless bank statements to find exact dates & figures but 1) it is unlikely to get me anywhere and 2 ) I foresee would only make me angry/frustrated. I've written off my investment but like others I hope to one day recieve something...
Kevin.

I’m in for £500 for the whatever dac and £50 for the detox.
To save time understanding who has received anything, the short answer is that with the exception of the (prototype?) streamer, no one has received anything. The streamer is of no consequence, except for Project, who are presumably grateful.

Tony before you remove the thread is there any way it can be archived. At some (ahem) point the precise facts might be relevant.
As far as I’m concerned this project failed about 3-4 years ago. Since then there has been a dwindling group of people who seem to believe that anything much is going on, with the rest cycling through the various stages of grief. Of course something is supposedly almost ready, as it always is.

If you can manage to get anything back a place in heaven awaits.

This escalation has come at a very unfortunate time for me, for reasons I'd rather not document in public:

My personal exposure is as follows:
VFET £2300
MDAC development costs £200
Detox £50 (I was the first to pay! 28th August 2015)
MDAC donor chassis £370 - (ironically I could buy a working MDAC for less now)

Total £2920

Until very recently I was happy to run with the project, and wait for the final result, but waiting may not be an option for me now, and my family could really do with a working solution as we have lived with a compromised system for several years waiting for the nirvana I may not get to experience now.

I've just done the email trawl of shame and whilst not in as deep as others its seems I naively signed up for
MDAC up to fourth development £400, Detox £50, then another MDAC L3 MC/MM of £100, then finally (?!) £250 for the streamer

PS.
I too would really really like to have had the DSP built in but right now I couldn't give a flying about the whole farrago other than just some return on our collective investments

<moderating>

This is the point the thread goes live (I have been assembling it behind the scenes for a few days).

Please can I reiterate that this thread exists purely for the investors and stakeholders in the various projects. It is not an open discussion thread and any attempt to drag it in this direction will be removed/reversed. Please, no posts from spectators here.

August 11th 2015 - Post 605, 643: John tells sponsors to sell their original MDAC as we have moved to the full width FDAC and there is no need for the original MDAC: https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/mdac-first-listen-part-00101000.176602/page-31

This is very significant and is something I had totally forgotten about. I originally had a couple of MDacs but they are long gone as the upgrade didnt require them anymore. The only one I have left is the upgraded Toy DC+ one that sounds amazing and is not getting split out. :/

Rereading/revisiting a lot of the history has wound me up.. SO many promises made and timelines given and then totally missed... Dont think I saw a single apology.

£400 - MDAC2 L2
£50 - Detox (to be rolled into MDAC2, as agreed by JW)

I have the PayPal and email records.

Thank you, Tony.

Thank you greatly for this Tony. I’m well aware that there is no reason you need to feel obliged to run this thread.
I lost the plot ages ago and put it down to experience. However, could someone explain to me that the finished MDAC2 will no longer be in the original MDAC case? When I “subscribed” I was told that I needed a donor MDAC and that he could supply a “salvaged MDAC” from Audiolab at £370. I purchased this. It now seems that this is no longer to be used! Can any experts confirm this please?

Interestingly during this period John has designed and released other products for manufacturers.

My understanding is that we also benefit; without the volume from those commercial products, John wouldn't have been able to get software support for our projects.

Interestingly during this period John has designed and released other products for manufacturers.

I expect his involvement has been with the design and not the manufacture of these items. If this project (no pun intended) had been being manufactured by a third party I think we'd have had an MDAC2 years ago. It's the lack of manufacturing expertise that's got us where we are, and also given John the time to revise the deign several times.

so come on JW, take the hint and tell us something worthwhile and meaningful, not interested in technical blurb, not interested in pseudo-progress

post timescales and stick to them, you've had it too easy for too long as far as project management is concerned.

I could care less about MDAC/FDAC and Detox, for too long you have avoided commitment on VFET delivery due to " lets get the MDAC out the way first"

advertisement

Back