advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

To me the request does not sound like A/V bypass but a real analog input with volume control. Do not think that has ever been the plan.
I think that the plan was to use ADC for analog input on the FDAC.
The RIAA was also supposed to go through and ADC as far as I remember.

You can use a phonopre with attenuation, such as graham slee accession or unison uphono+ (incl. headphone pre, ADC). Or just use a standard preamp to integrate vinyl function via av bypass. The advantage is the direct access to the poweramps via the (whatever)DAC. But hey, there is definitely no mission creep from my side. It's quite an academical discussion before any hardware shows up finally. I am happy with any DAC... Vinyl integration comes later!

Yes until we gets our hands on a DevDAC everything is an academical discussion. Right now I just want to see DevDAC get done incl chassis and shipped with a basic feature set.

WRT Chassis I can see the very first PCB's ahead of full production being shipped to a few without chassis for "first listen" then chassis will be provided later.

I have faith in our new CNC vendor that we should be OK with the chassis for DevDAC...

I'm expecting first measurement results of the DevDAC A02 PCB by next weekend... Jareks here from midweek to continuing with the software... we are close to have basic engineering software allowing first tests / listening...

I'm expecting first measurement results of the DevDAC A02 PCB by next weekend... Jareks here from midweek to continuing with the software... we are close to have basic engineering software allowing first tests / listening...

The next weekend has arrived. Any updates?

...can’t seem to copy off Facebook, but there is a message to Hossein saying Jarek is there working on Xmos Firmware for the board and having issues with optimising the modulator

...can’t seem to copy off Facebook, but there is a message to Hossein saying Jarek is there working on Xmos Firmware for the board and having issues with optimising the modulator
..went through your contributions to this forum till the first appearance
& coulnd't help but thinking that John and Paul were members of the same group once

Nope, I’m just like you, after a good DAC for music; that I can integrate into my high’ish end living room cinema setup. I joined the party 5/6 years ago mainly because there was mention of an AVBYPASS on the MDAC2. I was going to have AUDIOCELLAR in the U.K. build me a custom TDA1541A DAC like this https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gro...dac-i2s-bus-architecture-101.html#post3531465

it’s the closest thing I’ve heard (to date) akin to vinyl and I may still go down these roads later also

advertisement

Back