advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Well I meet John in Munich and had a chat. I am still optimistic and think that John will deliver some day.

Perhaps if you elucidate you may be able to give succour to some of the investors on here.
“Some day” doesn’t sound very encouraging though.

.sjb

IMG-4711.jpg

John brought as promised the casework and incl the front panel screen mounted and it looked good.
I wrote some day(next year) because no matter what I write the usual suspects will post negative unconstructive comments. So actually I do not feel like posting anything. Just wanted to say that John was in Munich.

John brought as promised the casework and incl the front panel screen mounted and it looked good.
I wrote some day(next year) because no matter what I write the usual suspects will post negative unconstructive comments. So actually I do not feel like posting anything. Just wanted to say that John was in Munich.
Thanks for the update. I hope JW will post some pics on FB. Good to know you've gained a boost of hope from meeting John. I was confident he would at least do that, but I wanted to see a completed prototype before I went to Munich.

So reading between the lines of your post, I guess a prototype will be built in the next few months (probably Dec).

I'd like to hear more about about the parts you did see... Were they as high quality as you expected?
What's the current challenge apart from chassis parts from China?

no matter what I write the usual suspects will post negative unconstructive comments. .

So..after 10 years of not receiving what you paid for you are still happy to carp about people making negative comments ?

It seems that your gun is pointing the wrong way.

However...good luck with your ongoing wait.

If no-one is willing to have a public confrontation or pursue legal action, might I suggest at least a publicity drive? A concerted effort to post succinct statements of the situation (e.g. 'John Westlake has taken £x in crowdfunding for xyz, and produced nothing in almost ten years; see this thread on pfm for details') on as many audio related websites as possible, and also perhaps sent by letter to audio companies globally? Also contact audio magazines?

Although I can't agree with Rune's optimism regarding the imminent (or even eventual) delivery of a product, I agree that negative comments are unconstructive, if they don't lead to action. What do any of you have to lose at this point?

I wouldn't recognise him, but someone who looked a little like him came to my stand. If I had had confirmed identity I would have told him to take a running jump at himself for all your sakes. What mystifies me is that some well-respected audio companies still do business with him even though he seems to have conned a large number of people.

Suggest folk restore this 'Crowdfunding Projects and Controversies: citations added' revision every chance they get.

It will need citations to stay, i.e. multiple links to stakeholder evidence in specific posts on this thread backing up every point. They’ll certainly keep deleting large blocks of text without such citation even when true (as the text clearly is). This information about Westlake should certainly be in the entry IMO, it is essential it is read by a wider audience, though it clearly needs to be compatible with Wikipedia’s citation standards.

I have finally decided to buy a new DAC while I wait another 10 years from the MDAC2.

I'm moving from my slightly modified MDAC to the RME ADI2 DAC FS. Anyone else compared it to the MDAC?

advertisement

Back