advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

This is a bit silly now, 8 or 9 years later and nothing. Investors have simply been ripped off and should either take a legal approach or move on. If I paid for something nearly a decade ago and nothing had been delivered I would simply have to accept I’d been done. I’m very sorry but it’s extremely unlikely that anything will be delivered.

I accept I have been ripped off, for quite a bit of money. That doesnt mean I am going to stop knocking on their door and reminding them, and keeping the posts across various places bumped up and visible..
I can be very tenacious when annoyed/hard done by.

…I’d just like closure on this DAC if it’s not happening; and the VFET Investors hopefully something tangible, whether it be reimbursement or those 8200MB amplifiers stashed away …it’s the decent thing to do

We had a closure date of end of March, which was put back to end of July, for a completed DAC in a casing with a user interface ready for production.

The closure date is nigh.

The number of dates given by John for product delivery probably exceed 30, if not more. No reason to think this delivery date will result in anything other than another delivery date, just like the rest.

Renata posted the following on FB a few hours ago:

"Hi Guys,
A Long overdue update – Thank you to those who contacted Renata suggesting an update is long overdue.
I’ll be back in the Czech Rep next week for a couple of days and will be able to directly access my FB account once again and will reply to your questions as best I can.
I’m often asked about the units’ cost (as we head towards harder times) the modularity of the design allows a vast spread in cost – based on the DAC / Modulator / Analogue stage / Clock stages / Expansion modules fitted.
Apart from the Clock modules, the DAC can be user upgraded at any time as funds / new options allow. I’m sure I can also offer an exchange module discount and then offer these “used” modules for sale at reduced cost.
Some of the Clock / expansion modules are very specialized and only exist as they were part of the development process – or are used as components for future system development – the DAC clock design offers state of the art performance and has larger spin-off applications outside of audio (such as radar systems reference clock source where ultra-low close in phase noise is critical).
The current chip crisis seems to be going from bad to worst – so the modular design allows flexibility during build – FPGA / MCUs are especially hard to source – we have an official delivery quote from ST for a MCU for 2029 – reduced to 2028 when we pushed – this quote will be framed in the office!!! For development I’m purchasing parts from the spot market but at crazy cost and also a lot of duff, remarked and “recycled parts” it’s truly crazy times.
To optimise and finalize the DAC’s core clock technology, 5 months ago I ordered a MicroSemi 53100A Phase noise analyser – with an expected 20th August delivery date – I spoke with the T&M distributor last week to confirm the approaching delivery date – they said we would be lucky if it arrives on the 20th as the last unit they sold was delivered over 6 months late (so 1 year from order)."

There were also three images which provide a lot of detail about the various components. I've tried to link them a couple of ways, but not sure that I'm having any joy: Clock, DAC, FPGA
Q90XFt0

BLxxg53

hD982Vp

I like how he's considering offering discounts on used modules when he hasn't even made any new modules yet. That's forward planning for you.

To optimise and finalize the DAC’s core clock technology, 5 months ago I ordered a MicroSemi 53100A Phase noise analyser – with an expected 20th August delivery date – I spoke with the T&M distributor last week to confirm the approaching delivery date – they said we would be lucky if it arrives on the 20th as the last unit they sold was delivered over 6 months late (so 1 year from order)."

So, what he means is please go away for another six months or so when I will come up with another excuse for not delivering anything.

There is a flaw in this strategy, however, which is, he is now without any reason for not spending the next six months building and supplying the VFET amps he has taken payment for (I didn't go for this; had I done so, I would have considered it worth suing).

Yes, VFET amps could be nice to have. Does it need any fancy chips to be build?
He had at the time idea of integrated dac into amps or build them as pair with FDAC, so I am afraid amps are not even designed yet. Simple and pure analog amplifiers ir all what is needed.

advertisement

Back