advertisement

The Irishman

Anyone given much thought as to why the genre is so popular and stands proud alongside WW2, Holocaust, cops & crime/murder-mayhem-serial killer/kidnapper-rapist-hostage/revenge/superhero as state of the art cinematic drama?

Anyone given much thought as to why the genre is so popular and stands proud alongside WW2, Holocaust, cops & crime/murder-mayhem-serial killer/kidnapper-rapist-hostage/revenge/superhero as state of the art cinematic drama?

I think psychologists call it a “mythic” experience. It gives a chance to vicariously walk in the shoes of some really horrible people without actually doing any harm.

Th Godfather films I liked - probably down to the fact there are some great performances in there, and they are wonderfully shot, capturing the feel of that bygone era well. I also remember well a recommendation from a lecturer on business that if you wanted to really understand the importance and interplay of relationships in long term strategy, you could do a lot worse than read the Godfather trilogy :)

advertisement

Back