advertisement

The Good News Thread

JANUARY SALE - up to 1% off every thing - use the code FFS.

DS3_JJARX0_AMi_Lyt.jpg

http://www.spellingmistakescostlives.com/shop

My Dad has just walked 3 miles.......1 month after a triple bypass.

Back of my mind he was going, he’s 84, but he’s going to be as good as new.

LGI and York District did him proud!
That is going news, fair play to him. There was a guy dancing all night in a pub I was visiting on Sunday night, having the time of his life... he’s 94, an absolute legend and a real gentleman too.

My tramadol detox is going well.

I was started on 2.8 mg of buprenorphine n December 21st. Initial high gave way to dreadful nausea, headaches and chronic fatigue. I thought it was bloody awful.
Phoned my prescriber and he suggested they had started me too high and to drop the dose to 2.4 mg.
I did this and whilst there was an improvement I still felt crap.
I then reduced the dose myself every day until I got the first slight symptoms of withdrawal.
That was 1.6 mg.
I’ve been on that since.
Sleeping like a baby, no cramping, no sweats.

Tomorrow I meet my prescriber to discuss future tapering, but it looks like I’ll be clean a lot sooner than first thought.

My Dad has just walked 3 miles.......1 month after a triple bypass.

Back of my mind he was going, he’s 84, but he’s going to be as good as new.

LGI and York District did him proud!

that is pretty incredible , used to take that long just to get out of hospital !!! how things have changed

well done bob
My tramadol detox is going well.

I was started on 2.8 mg of buprenorphine n December 21st. Initial high gave way to dreadful nausea, headaches and chronic fatigue. I thought it was bloody awful.
Phoned my prescriber and he suggested they had started me too high and to drop the dose to 2.4 mg.
I did this and whilst there was an improvement I still felt crap.
I then reduced the dose myself every day until I got the first slight symptoms of withdrawal.
That was 1.6 mg.
I’ve been on that since.
Sleeping like a baby, no cramping, no sweats.

Tomorrow I meet my prescriber to discuss future tapering, but it looks like I’ll be clean a lot sooner than first thought.

well done bob , i suppose its a patch put on weekly is it ? do you find the efffects wear off before its due to be changed ?

well done bob

well done bob , i suppose its a patch put on weekly is it ? do you find the efffects wear off before its due to be changed ?

It is actually a weekly supply of tablets in combinations of 2 mg and 0.4mg to be taken once a day under the tongue.

I am now down to 1.2 mg daily via 3 X 0.4 mg.

For a couple days after reducing the dose I have “twitchy” toes and mild itchiness ( which is common with opiate withdrawal I believe) but nothing like the awful cramping and restless leg I had before.
I am a bit moody too until I adapt to the new dose.

They told me I was well over half way to getting off and instead of an original July target date, all being well I am hoping to be off in a few weeks.

wow , never knew you could get tabs . far better way to control . those fentanyl patches can be very dangerous if not got correct dose prescribed
the worse thing i would guess about the opiates is the dreadful shocking constipation which can occur and thats very very distressing

Today, for the first time, I made my own butter, which is nice. Used extra thick Jersey cream and a touch of Maldon sea salt. Tastes like butter.

I spoke too soon.
My detox is going through a very hard patch.
I am nauseous all the time, have no appetite and can only get a few mouthfuls down before having to leave the food for fear of throwing up. The constipation that always goes with opioid detox is making me suffer. I had to go to the doc yesterday I felt so ill. He reckons it’s just the detox withdrawal symptoms of buprenorphine.
Got down to 1 mg a day so am going to keep going, cutting down weekly, but it is turning out harder than I thought.
At least I don’t have any restless leg or leg cramping to put up with.

Keep going, Bob. You're doing really well. As hard as it may seem the end result should be worth it. Not easy I know.

advertisement

Back