advertisement

The Good News Thread

avole

The wise never post on Internet forums
Sick of the depressing events in the world? Then this is the thread for you. Despite how it seems, good and positive things do happen on this planet, and this thread will hopefully highlight some of them.

Here's a couple of items picked up from today's newspapers:

Charity runner Artiwara “Toon” Kongmalai can resume his charity run across Thailand on Wednesday. He has already earned 513 million baht for hospitals.

Same sex marriage bill passes in Australian parliament, with at least one happy result.

Flights resume to Bali - though I can think of few better places to be stranded.

And finally, to show that life in the US isn't all shooting and presidential rants, Karens find freedom in the US. However, as the article points out, the situation for the Karens remaining in Myanmar and in the refugee camps is not pleasant.

There was a story today in my local town about an envelope of cash that had been lost. Was found and returned to a safe place for the owner to collect.

A few weeks ago I put 7 bottles of Malt Whisky up for Auction at the "Whisky Auctions Edinburgh" that I have had at the back of my Whisky cupboard for15 or so years, because I keep putting new stuff in front of it. Today I received a email from them to say it made £725 of course I have to pay their fees but as I never actually managed to get round to drinking it it's not a bad way to part pay for the new Trilogy 906 Phono Stage I have just bought myself, Seasonal Greetings to myself : )
oldie

My daughter's first book is being published early next year (I doubt it will make Richard and Judy's Book Club).

Research by the the Chelsea FC Astronomical Society has proved that Jesus never existed. This means you can 'sin' all you like at Xmas, without fear of retribution. In fact sin no longer exists.

Jack

Last edited:

advertisement

Back