Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Good Guys: Seller Feedback (Part V)

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Gaius, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Aball

Aball New Member

A big thanks to mysterypete for an easy, pleasant transaction. Great comms, fast delivery and I am very pleased with the nova.

2. lordmortlock

lordmortlock A Linde Mann

@Eaton Mess / @Complin / Malcolm from Derby ...

Thought you should all know about this chap.

Original name Complin, now changed to Eaton Mess. Real name (I think) is Malcolm Parker from the Derby area. Also connections with the an email address including the name mbiranek.

Malcolm buys things from people and then doesn’t collect them.

No obvious hardship there you might say. However, I’ve been waiting for him to collect a pair of speakers for over a month now, and he hasn’t replied to any of my messages. To that end, I assumed he was very ill, or worse, and so have paid to store the speakers on his behalf, as the the main reason for selling them was a lack of space here for surplus hifi. In this time however, Malcolm has been well enough to log in to other hifi forums.

During this time I’ve done a bit of homework and found that, sadly, this is pretty standard practice for Malcolm. Other hifi heads have been in touch to warn me, and there’s this from another forum. He started using the ‘Eaton mess’ log in more after the below, rather than ‘Complin’

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?60474-Living-Voice-Speaker-Sale&highlight=Complin

So - if you want to sell an item and actually have it collected maybe don’t agree a deal with Malcolm fromDerby area. An absolute waste of my time, money andenergy.

3. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

I just received a pair of B&W 683s2 speakers from @manicatel and they look brand new and sound great so far!

4. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

May I also return the comment.........Booja is a perfect gent to do business with.
    Selling to a buyer abroad can sometimes be tricky, but with excellent communication & a great attitude, you can sell to him with confidence.

5. a1mgd

a1mgd pfm Member

Just like to say, excellent speedy delivery and great communication from Mike s for his pair of genelec speakers in great condition.
    Highly recommended,
    Many thanks Martin

6. DIB

DIB pfm Member

Another big thank you from me for Mike S who sold me a nice pair of Apollo speaker stands. They are in excellent condition, came with all the original packaging, and were couriered to me super fast. Buy from Mike with confidence.

Cheers
    Dave

7. coltrane

coltrane electrobaroCKjazzer

many thanks to mysterypete for the seamless transaction - much appreciated

8. mysterypete

mysterypete pfm Member

Thanks Attilla (Coltrane ), a pleasure doing business

9. royli

royli Member

A quick mention for "GRC" - recently bought a squeezebox controller off him. Top man! Easy to deal with, speedy delivery, & perfect packaging on the parcel!
    Thanks Graeme! Thoroughly recommended!

10. royli

royli Member

A quick mention for GRC - great seller/a pleasure to deal with. Many thanks Graeme!

Roy

11. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

And one for @marshanp for giving me his Pro-ject Debut II turntable

12. mysterypete

mysterypete pfm Member

A big thanks to Hayche for a super transaction.

13. royli

royli Member

A mention for JustJohn - buy with confidence. An excellent seller. Cheers.

14. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

Cheers, Roy. Thanks for making it a nice and easy transaction.

15. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Many thanks to @Amber Audio for the Yamaha amp. Great bit of kit and a pleasure to transact with.

16. Rcook

Rcook pfm Member

Big thanks to BruceFlea for buying the 401 and plinth, top man who did what he said he would, when he said he would.

BruceFlea likes this.
  17. BruceFlea

BruceFlea pfm Member

401 collected from Rcook, great to meet up and talk a bit of hifi and can’t wait to get the project started, cheers mate.

Rcook likes this.
  18. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Cheers - nice easy sale and fast payment received Bit underrated these Yammys

19. hyelms

hyelms Well-Known Member

Thanks to @Amber Audio for the Quad 34, an easy transaction.

Amber Audio likes this.
  20. Rcook

Rcook pfm Member

Thanks to mikechadwick for buying the SME M2-9 tonearm. Fast payment, and great to do business with