advertisement

The Future Sound Of London - Lifeforms

farfromthesun

pfm Member
Twenty five years old today.

Truly remarkable electronic album that sounded like the future back then and still does today. Without doubt a milestone in electronic music and one of my absolute favourites. I'll be listening tonight with a couple of beers (that's as mad as it gets these days :D )

Lifeforms

R-1522007-1505817343-2410.jpeg.jpg

I can remember buying this 25 years ago and how amazing it was. The cascade EP was/is also exceptional..

Many a late night spent with Cascade, Life Forms and the Far out son of lung.
The way they embraced technology at the time and saw the potential was inspiring.

Lifeforms has aged a little - particularly the beats but the concept still holds up.

All my FSOL is CD, as is most of my music of that period as my Xerxes had long-since bent and the Rotel RCD965BX beat it, plus had no surface noise, which is highly annoying on ambient stuff. The CD single of Cascades plays for about 45 minutes IIRC, as does the Lifeforms single! I have the Papua New Guinea 12” on vinyl though.

All my FSOL is CD, as is most of my music of that period as my Xerxes had long-since bent and the Rotel RCD965BX beat it, plus had no surface noise, which is highly annoying on ambient stuff. The CD single of Cascades plays for about 45 minutes IIRC, as does the Lifeforms single! I have the Papua New Guinea 12” on vinyl though.

Indeed, the singles from that time all contained expanded versions in a series of parts, and were like mini-albums in themselves. Cascade is probably the best of these.

Yep...got the T shirt.

Got into the Orb at the same time...towers of dub still makes me laugh
"I'm meeting Haile Selassi, can you leave him a message please..."

Unpopular opinion:

Papua New Guinea is their only good track!

Actually might stick Lifeforms on later to see if it's any better than I remember it.

advertisement

Back