advertisement

The forthcoming demise of the Conservative minority government, May 2017-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s so-far unsubstantiated rumours flying around on Remain-supporting Facebook groups that Theresa May is to call a general election early in the New Year. Take with a large pinch of sodium chloride.

If it did happen I can’t see the Tories surviving this one.

Doesn't matter the tories have 4.5 years left and will never let go of their grip.

Agreed. Some people on here are getting carried away. The Tory cabinet is a game of Buckeroo and they all know it. Any attempt to remove the PM will throw the whole thing up in the air and then they are all fecked.

There’s so-far unsubstantiated rumours flying around on Remain-supporting Facebook groups that Theresa May is to call a general election early in the New Year. Take with a large pinch of sodium chloride.

If it did happen I can’t see the Tories surviving this one.

She can’t call an election.

Let's not forget The Johnson's 2002 article for Daily Telegraph:

"It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies".
He also wrote of "watermelon smiles".

But May can't sack him for the same reason she had to give him a cabinet role.

:eek:

"After her hideous day, the prime minister arrives tonight for a dinner with friends - a banquet at Stationers’ Hall in the City to celebrate Paul Dacre’s 25 years as Daily Mail editor. More on News at 10 on ITV at 10 @NewsAtTen" https://twitter.com/Peston/status/928375928807477248

Where's a new Guy Fawkes when his country needs him... what an opportunity! Of course Rentakill advertise that they will exterminate vermin so maybe if we have a whip round...

Did you try the trick of copying the headline and googling it? The first search result usually links directly to the story (odd, I know).

TM is safe at the moment as no one in Tory party wants an election and there isn't really a successor yet and they would probably lose to labour.
Polls have Tories neck and neck and latest poll puts may ahead of corbyn. Thankfully even with a crap Tory government we haven't completely lost perspective.

I’d have thought Tories would have learnt their lesson about believing polls last time out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back