advertisement

The forthcoming demise of the Conservative minority government, May 2017-? part II

Yeah. He's a brown chap. Let's not mess about here, the Tory Party is almost exclusively made up of middle aged white men who are mostly racists and bigots. But they manage to keep that under wraps thanks to friends in high places.

I bet more women are members

Has anyone invented a milk shake launcher with some range yet?
Yes, my 5 year old Grandson but, I don't want him tainted with politics just yet.
I do feel that a Mc shake left out over night might be a more effective tool for facists

The BBC have announced that they will televise the debate between candidates for the Tory leadership, but WHY? Nobody can vote for them if they're not a party member, and there won't be any challenge to whatever crap they spout? A new low in "balance" by the Beeb? o_O https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48437124
Absolutely. Talk about targeted programming: the audience for this is very small and made up entirely of Conservative Party members. The hope will be that a rival to Boris will emerge who actually seems capable of winning to members, even if he s/he doesn't reflect their personal views.

FWIW Sky look to be planning the same circus spectacle.

PS I have no issue with it. There was plenty of coverage of the Labour leadership candidates and I welcome any spotlight being shone on our political organisations and their archaic processes.

Because too many people are fooled into believing that Owen Jones is more of a danger than racists and fascists perhaps?

And, if we don't get a Labour govt soon we're all screwed.

Indeed yes getting a Labour gov in ASAP is the only thing that could save the country and is even more important than Brexit.

The thing that boils my piss about leavers and Brexit party scum (well one of many!) is that you will often hear them, when asked for reasons they want to leave, and once they've got immigrants ticked off their list, then give a list of reasons why they should be backing Labour! "no jobs round here, austerity, jobs moving abroad, wealth inequality".... all Labour territory... and yet the shit thick bozos want to vote for a gov that would be worse than the Tories for cutting benefits, slashing NHS budgets etc!!:mad::mad::mad::eek:

Indeed yes getting a Labour gov in ASAP is the only thing that could save the country.

And it is a microscopically narrow tribal vision like yours that is going to doom the country.

The climate . The climate.The climate . The climate .The climate . The climate.The climate . The climate. That is all that matters for the next 100 years. Not which particular flavour of political cretins are in charge of a dying planet.

And it is a microscopically narrow tribal vision like yours that is going to doom the country.

The climate . The climate.The climate . The climate .The climate . The climate.The climate . The climate. That is all that matters for the next 100 years. Not which particular flavour of political cretins are in charge of a dying planet.

A worthy cause but longtermism such as that ain't much use to people wondering if there will still be a free at the point of use NHS and child benefit in 3 years time...

A worthy cause but longtermism such as that ain't much use to people wondering if there will still be a free at the point of use NHS and child benefit in 3 years time...

But it is that "jam today" politics that has always been the problem..and a particular problem of the Labour party.

A government has about 2 years maximum to get any of its favoured policies through once elected before they have to start shaping their policies towards getting elected again...saving money for the big tax give aways before an election etc. It have always be thus and has always resulted in no great forward momentum.

My opinion is that this country had better get its head around government by coalitions from now on. Coalitions have long been the norm on the Continent and avoided like the plague here. Dinosaur parties like Labour and the Tories will give way to alliances between different interest groups such as the Greens and the Liberals and a smaller more focused Labour party. It just need the public to realise that they really can vote for which party best represents their views in that particular election We also should have PR immediately. The only reason we dont is the dinosaurs know that they would be the losers.

Things that really matter might get done by such alliances .

I’m liking this a lot-

Tory party donations down by millions of pounds, figures reveal
Party accepted £3.68m in first three months of 2019, down from £7.4m in previous quarter
The Guardian : 13:32 Thursday, 30 May 2019

- It seems the next leader of the Party’s message “fukc business” reached its intended target and they replied.

advertisement

Back