advertisement

The Flickr user thread

The same monetization is present on Photobucket as i read here on the flikr thread, My photos remain on photobucket but uploading more seems to need a sunscription

i only need hosting for bb requirenets

elsewhere tiny image and imgBB are suggested elsewhere on PF... is the fish photo cognoscenti still recommending flikr

I'm trying Imgur for hosting & BB code, now Flickr has gone 'commercial'.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/IVmMwQx"><a href="//imgur.com/IVmMwQx"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

well, that didn't work...

maybe this will:

https://imgur.com/a/IVmMwQx

no, that is just a link...

This may be it...

- fail...

Try this:

no... that didn't work either.

Does anyone know if it is actually possible to link to PFM from Imgur?

I may just set up a new Flickr account for PFM uploads - will take a time to get to 1,000 images.

mNZSzsbundefined.jpg

I decided not to renew my Pro account, and they came up with all sorts of 'we're going to delete any photos > 1,000 or whatever', so I just deleted them all. To be honest, i'm not a great one for the whole social media, being defined what other people think of you thing. I managed for 25 years without having to upload my thoughts to the internet, so I think i'll probably manage without.

I decided not to renew my Pro account, and they came up with all sorts of 'we're going to delete any photos > 1,000 or whatever', so I just deleted them all. To be honest, i'm not a great one for the whole social media, being defined what other people think of you thing. I managed for 25 years without having to upload my thoughts to the internet, so I think i'll probably manage without.

Similar principle, I certainly don't have a 1000 good photos, so I can comfortable stay under that number! In fact I only seem to shoot a handful a year that I think are real keepers!!

I've retired my Nokia 6310i and bought a Hoo-are-wee P20 Pro a couple of weeks ago.

Me too. Actually, I couldn't quite bring myself to retire the Nokia, I've put the Huawei on a new number.

The kids call the nokia my 'burner phone' now.

The camera is very impressive on the Huawei, though the AI can generate some lurid greens, and inclines to oversharpen a bit for my taste. I like the portrait mode, with the 'bokeh'd' backgrounds. I have tried overriding the AI to generate RAW files, but haven't yet had much luck with them. The 20mp B&W sensor is excellent.

AWnHkp.jpg

My old mum outside St.Pauls the other day, portrait mode.

I hate Flikr. Almost everything about it annoys me.

Flickr pro or ... ?

I never really liked Flickr. The inability to post for example pics to this site from my mobile was downright annoying.

I've somehow reached my limit of a 1000 due to auto upload (did i do that?). Basically useless now so I need an alternative.

Any suggestions or are most of you paying the 50 quid?

For its sins, Flickr is the best platform that I've used.

I like how it preserves the aspect ratios of your images and shows metadata where available. It also seems to he low on spam / fake accounts, although they do exist. Compare this with Instagram and FB which are both horrific for image sharing / storage.

Does anyone here use 500px? If so, I'd be interested to hear how this compares.

Lefty

For its sins, Flickr is the best platform that I've used.

I like how it preserves the aspect ratios of your images and shows metadata where available. It also seems to he low on spam / fake accounts, although they do exist. Compare this with Instagram and FB which are both horrific for image sharing / storage.

Does anyone here use 500px? If so, I'd be interested to hear how this compares.

Lefty

I've got a 500px account, it works for sharing but it lacks the community of flickr

I'm a pretty casual photographer and hardly 'expert' ( though hugely naturally talented.. ;) )

But flickr has become a total pain in the arse. I have got trapped somehow between flickr and yahoo.. (which I never volunteered to have anything to do with) Their online instruction for migrating logins to one or the other are just a bloody joke and typical of the IT fraternity's 'Press A to Die, or Press B not to Live' bollocks. I've just sent them a proper old rant asking them how the **** they expect people ever to sign up for the paid bits, if they cant even get the free bits half right. Tossers

I'm a pretty casual photographer and hardly 'expert' ( though hugely naturally talented.. ;) )

But flickr has become a total pain in the arse. I have got trapped somehow between flickr and yahoo.. (which I never volunteered to have anything to do with) Their online instruction for migrating logins to one or the other are just a bloody joke and typical of the IT fraternity's 'Press A to Die, or Press B not to Live' bollocks. I've just sent them a proper old rant asking them how the **** they expect people ever to sign up for the paid bits, if they cant even get the free bits half right. Tossers

Why not try Imgur? I migrated there after Flickr started charging for my (not excessive) use. Imgur takes a bit of getting used to, but after that it seems as easy as Flickr, with more features, and no cost.

Jem....... You ask...?

Does anyone know if it is actually possible to link to PFM from Imgur?

Yes, I do. They have a forum 'link'. You just click it on Imgur, and it automatically copies the link. The all you have to do is paste it into the pfm thread.

Regards,

eguth

advertisement

Back