advertisement

The Flickr user thread

I am a numpty with computers but I've managed to open a Flickr account & uploaded my pictures but need a bit of guidance please.

When you right click on a picture in your photostream what do you select to put the actual picture into your post. I can get the link on but that then allows whoever opens it access to all of my photostream is that normal??

I am a numpty with computers but I've managed to open a Flickr account & uploaded my pictures but need a bit of guidance please.

When you right click on a picture in your photostream what do you select to put the actual picture into your post. I can get the link on but that then allows whoever opens it access to all of my photostream is that normal??

Left click on a picture and when it opens look at the bottom right for the curved arrow, click on it and in the popup box select BBCode and 800 size, click the code above the size box, copy and paste the code.

Pete

Left click on a picture and when it opens look at the bottom right for the curved arrow, click on it and in the popup box select BBCode and 800 size, click the code above the size box, copy and paste the code.

Pete

And it is still not possible to do this from the mobile app.

Understand though that few use mobile phones these days so it's not important ...

I've retired my Nokia 6310i and bought a Hoo-are-wee P20 Pro a couple of weeks ago.

There's an app called flickr2BB code which works in cahoots with the Flickr mobile app, and makes it a cinch to post from the Flickr app.

I've retired my Nokia 6310i and bought a Hoo-are-wee P20 Pro a couple of weeks ago.

There's an app called flickr2BB code which works in cahoots with the Flickr mobile app, and makes it a cinch to post from the Flickr app.

I'll check that out! Thanks

Flickr due to renew this year at more than double the cost. That's not a disaster for a "Pro" but a bit rich forme adding a few photos each year just to keep. Anyone found a decent alternative?

Flickr due to renew this year at more than double the cost. That's not a disaster for a "Pro" but a bit rich forme adding a few photos each year just to keep. Anyone found a decent alternative?

We just discussed this on another forum. Unfortunately, I don't see alternatives. This is a problem for me in some way, as my wife and I have different accounts. Too many periodic subscriptions - programs, accounts, services, mobile phones etc. I just don't have time to manage all of these options.

I have problems accessing flickr today. The same thing happens on wife's account. Is this related to certain regions, or do they change the login system due to new owners? I can log in to Yahoo and I have an access to flickr mail page or Recent Activity page, but not to the gallery, profile or particular pics (though I have full access in Android app). Does anyone else have such a problem?

advertisement

Back