Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rack Kit, Jun 10, 2021.

1. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

The evidence is the booing.

oldius likes this.
  2. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Over as a contest I'd wager.

3. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Or maybe not...what a shot!

4. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

5. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Are we not entertained?

6. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Netherlands/Ukraine is a good watch.

7. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

What a great game

8. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

Best game so far, who needs defence?

9. Cav

Cav pfm Member

How do you know who is booming and what they are booing at and why?

10. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

I can’t name them, but I can hear them, can’t you?

11. Cav

Cav pfm Member

You are making prejudicial assumptions based on some people booing with no evidence as to what they are booing or why.
    If that is how easily you are prepared to condemn people, then your righteous indignation is itself based on your own prejudice and you are a lost cause imo.

Curtis likes this.
  12. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

They may be booing as they are fed up of people taking the knee and it’s significance.
    Doesn’t make them racist.
    Some of them probably are racist though.

Cav likes this.
  13. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Yes. Do you claim to know what they are booing and why?

14. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

15. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I do struggle to understand how anyone could defend the racist booers. It’s what they are.

16. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Me too, the excuses being made for them are pathetic and I can only wonder as to the real reason why people would make such excuses.

17. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Yes, and those people throwing bananas at football players not so long ago might not be racists either? It is possible to imagine they were advertising for some sort of greengrocer alliance, but I have my doubts.

Very difficult to imagine what the alternative explanation might be for people booing a well advertised gesture against racism, if it isn’t racism. This has been going on for some time, any innocent explanation would’ve been articulated by now, not least because the war on woke machine would’ve printed a ready made excuse for them well before now.

If you have some insight into the minds of these people, please share

18. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Howay the Scots!
    Will have it on in the background whilst working...or will I have work on in the background whilst it's on?

Some of you lot seem to have the football on in the background whilst arguing. ;)

19. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

I think we all know that throwing bananas and making monkey chants is proof that an individual is a racist.
    Failing to take a knee or disapproval of this gesture does not confirm someone is racist.
    We’re the F1 drivers racist for failing to take a knee or did they have cause to want to an acknowledge an anti racism movement in their own way?

20. Euan

Euan pfm Member

What anti racism movement were the "boo-ers" trying to acknowledge?