advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

The loudest booing I heard was reserved for the Croatian national anthem which doesn't appear to qualify for a mention on here?
Good point. Is it reasonable that it was the same racists booing our team for kneeling and the Croatians for singing their national anthem?

Racists are people too, I don’t support persecution of any kind. Education and example are the way forward , not a facist agenda.

Persecution? Seriously? Racists are a stain on the nation - it is an abhorrent quality. Education is the way forward, I would agree, but racists do not even want information at the National Trust or plaques alongside statues.

Racists are people too, I don’t support persecution of any kind. Education and example are the way forward , not a facist agenda.
This is an argument straight out of the War on Woke handbook. The argument goes something like, racists are people too, racists are entitled to be racists and express their facist views. To so much as question the fascists is a threat from ‘snowflakes to ‘cancel’ the fascists and their racism, and that is, er, facist.

I don’t defend racists because I think they’re virtuous.

I defend their rights as humans because attacking them won’t cure their racism.

Fundamentally , I think you’re part of the problem.

I don’t defend racists because I think they’re virtuous.

I defend their rights as humans because attacking them won’t cure their racism.

Fundamentally , I think you’re part of the problem.
One, I’m not attacking anyone, I’m supporting those who are challenging racism

Two, Why do you feel someone who supports those challenging racism to be part of a problem?

Speaking of fascism here is the new
Hugo Boss TV advert..featuring footballers, including the England captain:

Funny old world...

Racist booing? What is that? English fans boo the England team for indulging in a symbolic gesture - like to see how that would play in a court of law.

Pretty dire match, and a bit of a snooze fest. Not sure whether credit should be given the GS for nullifying the Croats or whether the weather and Wembley grass had an outsized effect on the match. Sterling is still average but the goal will boost his confidence. As expected, the defence held up well. Congrats to the team though for winning their first match.

I know, but for booing? Ever?
UEFA threatened Man City with fines for their fans continual booing of the UEFA anthem.
They also threatened them for the fans singing “you’re not incredible” to a player called Hulk.
They did fine the club for fans throwing paper aeroplanes on the pitch and finally fined them more for being 10 seconds late for the second half than they fined their opponents for the racist abuse their players received.

UEFA threatened Man City with fines for their fans continual booing of the UEFA anthem.
They also threatened them for the fans singing “you’re not incredible” to a player called Hulk.
They did fine the club for fans throwing paper aeroplanes on the pitch and finally fined them more for being 10 seconds late for the second half than they fined their opponents for the racist abuse their players received.
No bans/fines for racist booing?

advertisement

Back