advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

Yet again some of the crowd booing the taking of the knee. If the team are serious about this they need action not more words! Sad to be English frankly!

Usual media overreaction to the performance.

A deserved narrow win for sure but Croatia were utterly dire, like an international version of Burnley.

I understand the concern, but id-ing people for booing is a bit too Orwellian 1984 for me.

No, given the widespread prevalence within all ethnicities we can’t prosecute 20% of the worlds population.

Maybe try a exercising a bit of the love and acceptance you’ve been preaching.

You don’t cure racism by prosecuting it.

And celebrate the man who scored the winning goal for England.

No, given the widespread prevalence within all ethnicities we can’t prosecute 20% of the worlds population.

Maybe try a exercising a bit of the love and acceptance you’ve been preaching.

You don’t cure racism by prosecuting it.

And celebrate the man who scored the winning goal for England.
You don’t cure racism by ignoring it. You challenge it. You challenge it wherever it raises its ugly head. The England manager has challenged it. The team has challenged it. The leader of the opposition has challenged it. The PM of Great Britain has not.

Do you support those who challenge the racist booers, of do you support those that don’t?

Racists are people too, I don’t support persecution of any kind. Education and example are the way forward , not a facist agenda.

Racists are people too, I don’t support persecution of any kind. Education and example are the way forward , not a facist agenda.
Interesting use of the word ‘Persecution’

Persecution, noun, hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs
What are the beliefs of the racist booers that you are so keen to protect?

The loudest booing I heard was reserved for the Croatian national anthem which doesn't appear to qualify for a mention on here?

I thought the questions posed to Sterling at the end were a bit off, “do you feel you’ve justified your selection “?

advertisement

Back