advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

Romelu Lukaku, Belgium's in-form striker, has got off the mark early doors.

It rolls straight through Andrei Semenov's legs and Lukaku takes one touch, turns and smashes it into the bottom right corner.

He runs to the camera and says "Chris, Chris, I love you" in tribute to Christian Eriksen.

I genuinely thought he was a goner.

I watched it live. Horrible to see that but couldn't take my eyes of it.

Hope he makes a full recovery but he would need to think about not playing again. Stay in footy, in some capacity. I'm sure his wife and kids will be having a word.

Just goes to show we can take things for granted.

Well done to the players, ref and medical teams.

Having pondered I have to say in the circumstances if I was the Finnish captain I'd have waited until the ET board went up, collected the ball when we were in possession, told the keeper to move aside and booted into my own net. There...a draw, that'll do it. But then I am a contrary B'stard.

Some strange choices in Gareth's first team. I thought Grealish might have played his way in, i'm not sure about the left back selection of Trippier, when we have Shaw coming off a good season. Oh well, we shall see, i'm sure Gareth knows what he's doing. o_O:)

After a year of isolation I hope England brings the joy we all need, we need to put Croatia behind us, literally.
France are red hot faves, let’s burst the Gallic bubble.

Having pondered I have to say in the circumstances if I was the Finnish captain I'd have waited until the ET board went up, collected the ball when we were in possession, told the keeper to move aside and booted into my own net. There...a draw, that'll do it. But then I am a contrary B'stard.

I said the same to my son. Give the goal back. Would have got massive kudos.

Christian Eriksen: Danish midfielder remains stable in hospital and sends greetings to team-mates - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57458630

That's good news after such a worrying incident. When all the investigations are done it will be informative to find out what happened. Twenty nine seems young for IHD, although not unknown and I realise that many people may have undiagnosed congenital defects, but these guys must be some of the most thoroughly investigated and screened I would have thought.

Anyway thank goodness for the medical support and close proximity of the hospital.

As the national anthem played I thought of the newly widowed monarch, and all the pain of the last year and really welled up.
We/I need this.

advertisement

Back