advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

Hopefully this is now , there is a Finland flag behind him ;

601c93c8-bce7-4fd0-91b0-4205a50cb853-png.130407

Dreadful behaviour by the BBC. They should have pulled the footage as soon as CPR started. Showing his wife visibly distraught was shocking.

Shocked to hear about Eriksen. Fingers crossed he’s okay. The below is good to read.

Christian Eriksen is awake and having further examinations," according to a Danish FA statement.

Not sure who provides the TV footage, whether it is via the tournament or if the BBC are able to screen their own footage. I'd left the room when the incident happened and came back to see all the players in tears and his partner being consoled on the pitch. Clearly the coverage should have reverted to the studio.
Lots of very supportive tweets from the football 'community', including one from Fabrice Muamba.

UEFA control the pictures, as I understand it.

The incident went on for a long time, and when they did get back to the studio, well....did you see the state of those people? It's not as clear cut as the common internet commentator makes it out to be. Lineker, Fabregas, Alex Scott, Richards.....seeing them distraught doesn't really make a great deal of difference. The whole thing is horrific. Be thankful that it appears that Eriksen is actually still with us, nothing else is important.

Glad I popped on to PFM,and see that he is stable and will hopefully make a good recovery, what a shock, seeing that

I do not think it did the BBC any credit to continue to broadcast when the camera was on the poor guy's wife. Thank your god, or no god, of choice that Eriksen is OK.

I do not think it did the BBC any credit to continue to broadcast when the camera was on the poor guy's wife. Thank your god, or no god, of choice that Eriksen is OK.
Cav, that was too much for me to see. They had been working on him for what seemed to be an age and I feared that she had been given the bad news. I'm going to reserve judgment on the media outlets; this was such an unprecedented situation that it's difficult to know whether they should have just turned off the pics altogether - did they know it was the player's partner, I'm not sure they did initially.
In any case, it's thanks to the medical teams, referee, players and all involved that he is still with us. The Denmark team are truly mentally solid to be able to form the privacy wall - some of them were just kids.

Ref Post 72.
That post Doesn’t make any more sense second time round.
I’d have rather seen the test card than a man possibly dying on screen and his wife having to watch it.
The feed was taken by the BBC.
They chose to broadcast it.
I notice Lineker has already apologised.

Thank heavens there was a good medical response team at hand that was able to get to work immediately. Fingers crossed he makes a good recovery.

Doesn’t make any more sense second time round.
I’d have rather seen the test card than a man possibly dying on screen and his wife having to watch it.
The feed was taken by the BBC.
They chose to broadcast it.
I notice Lineker has already apologised.

It's an unprecedented situation, just give people a break as opposed the ludicrous hindsight/sanctimonious position.

advertisement

Back