Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rack Kit, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Blue Belle

Blue Belle pfm Member

I always find that Rugby Union supporters have a superiority complex, it's a very ugly trait.

Bob McC likes this.
  2. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Not sure why you directing this at me, the booing was a topic of conversation on this thread long before I got involved. It was raised initially as a condemnation of booing by Chelsea fans, I condemned it despite being a Chelsea fan, but now that it’s obviously wider than just one club, people seem to be retreating from condemning it. Strange.

3. Cav

Cav pfm Member

I don't believe you are interested in what anyone who disagrees with you thinks.

Kirk likes this.
  4. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

On the contrary, I have asked repeatedly for an innocent explanation for the booing, but am yet to have one that makes sense.

I view the booing of players and managers making an explicitly anti racist gesture to be booing against the anti racist gesture and therefore object to anti racism. If you disagree with that then please state your reasons because all I’ve heard so far is a legalistic defence of the booers that you can’t definitely prove they are racist.

If it looks racist, and it sure as hell sounds racist, then in the absence of an explanation to the contrary I shall continue to assume it is racist

Rack Kit and vince rocker like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

I’m sure you will continue to presume all manner of things about many pfm members regardless of what people actually say.

On topic.
    Looking forward to all 3 games today. I have a real feeling Scotland will beat the Czechs to set up a great match later in the week.

Curtis likes this.
  6. Blue Belle

Blue Belle pfm Member

I'm sure that there is a specific thread for the booing of the knee, can we keep this thread for football chat, and not arguing about racism, please?

7. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

There was a Taking the Knee thread I thought, but can't find it now. Hoofed I suppose.

I wish we had an argument room so I could just avoid everything in it.

8. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

By highlighting what you did, you are the one making presumptions, and ironically, despite calling for this to be taken out of this thread, you are the one who keeps returning to it .

9. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Fair enough, I for one will not raise the subject of racist booing on this thread again, though I will respond to others who do

10. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

not only me then?

not just the supporters but also the participants. Some of the worst sexist behaviour I have ever had the misfortune to witness

11. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

:D Side splitting.

12. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

My daughter, who has done First Aid volunteer work for St John’s Ambulance for some years, tells me they usually get more work at a rugby match than at a football match. Rugby matches have more booze involved, sometimes with glasses and bottles, while security/policing is more “light touch”.

13. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Not Newcastle though.
    I agree we are not up with France and Belgium etc on paper but cause for cautious optimism.
    Form could go right out the window with the local derby mind!

cooky1257 likes this.
  14. Blue Belle

Blue Belle pfm Member

There you go, and for anyone else interested.. Football Fans? | pink fish media

15. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Cheers, but I won't be posting on it. I'm only interested in it taking the political arguments out of this thread so we could talk about the football.

And on that subject, I'll be cheering on Scotland this afternoon, as I was and will Wales. When / if either come up against England I'll want England to win, but no more than that. The banter I find entertaining, like the Scottish chaps on Peter Crouch's show last night, but once it no longer feels like banter I'm out.

It would be interesting to see a new Corinthian team I think. Not holding my breath of course.

Brian likes this.
  16. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Likewise, in fact I"ll just duck out of this thread altogether. If people think some anti-racist discussion spurred on by something happening at the games is spoiling the thread about their beloved game then I have a very strong feeling they are part of the problem. Adieu!

Woodface and ks.234 like this.
  17. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

There you go again, what is you want Brian?

18. bigjonny

bigjonny pfm Member

The originals are still going, sort of

deebster likes this.
  19. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

Very true, we are all racists and are part of the problem for wanting to talk football and not politics.
    See ya!

DAVEDWACK likes this.
  20. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

This is a tricky one.
    I tend to support the home nations regardless of being English.
    Then again the czech’s make great beer.
    Decision’s!