advertisement

The dumbest audio product announcement ever?

Hook

Blackbeard's former bo'sun.
Unlike those silly Entreq "grounding" boxes, I hesitate to call this "foo" because the manufacturer is very clear that this new box is, er, empty.

https://www.tonepublications.com/industry-news/a-box-of-nothing-from-mcintosh/

I guess their intent is to cater to a few anally retentive McIntosh owners? Or perhaps to fans of Seinfeld who really enjoy a show that's about nothing? :confused:

I'm not sure whether this is just mildly amusing, or if it's a sign of the impending apocalypse. Probably both.

Could be good stash box to hide the mind altering drugs, then again you’d need to consume all of them to even consider buying the piece of useless shit in the first place.

Not sure why Tone are getting so excited only now, as there’s already a McIntosh LB100 from a few years ago...

A03-F239-B-6639-43-A4-BA39-A9-CD7-DA5-FE29.jpg

You think they could have made the logo a little bigger with this improved version.

Yep, almost beyond parody except there will be a market for this in the Bling club.

Recently (after 50years of being un-impressed ) heard some Mc stuff I thought sounded really good -what a pleasure to get their traditional build quality AND good sound.But this is sooo special -gonna have to ask the local Mc dealers how many have gone out the door at their places. How 'bout a new corporate motto -maybe in nice script right below the Mc name -in a nice script font maybe "For those with more money than sense."

Not sure why Tone are getting so excited only now, as there’s already a McIntosh LB100 from a few years ago...

A03-F239-B-6639-43-A4-BA39-A9-CD7-DA5-FE29.jpg

You think they could have made the logo a little bigger with this improved version.

Guess if I was a McIntosh dealer looking to hire a new rep, I would need to ask how they planned to upgrade their LB100 install base to LB200? :rolleyes:

The more I think about this, the sadder it becomes. I know McIntosh isn't the only brand doing stuff like this in the audio industry, and I'm guessing they are probably just responding to demand. In the end, the high end of audio will deliver what's asked of it, and high end buyers will get exactly the industry and culture they deserve.

I wonder how often it’ll need to go back in for servicing and whether they keep a stock of parts. “We can’t source the parts anymore I’m afraid. The LB300 is definitely a worth-while upgrade, sir.” The label on the back reads “No user-serviceable parts inside”.

advertisement

Back