advertisement

The Division Bell

Prefer Pulse, myself. The Wall comes second. I got Division Bell double disc not long ago, so not really I interested in the new blue (improved?) version.

And I'd agree with that. The evidence is in the 16 min version of Interstellar Overdrive from the London 66/67 album. Beats the hell out of anything from the Gilmour era.

Is that the one that was on the "Tonite Lets all make love in London" ep cd?

Is that the one that was on the "Tonite Lets all make love in London" ep cd?

Yes, that's the one. I've never seen the film but apparently not all of the Interstellar performance was shown, so I don't know whether the film soundtrack that you refer to has an abridged version matching the film or not. The London 66/67 album is just Floyd alone without the other participants in the film and the version on that is definitely the full 16:46 mins.

Yes, that's the one. I've never seen the film but apparently not all of the Interstellar performance was shown, so I don't know whether the film soundtrack that you refer to has an abridged version matching the film or not. The London 66/67 album is just Floyd alone without the other participants in the film and the version on that is definitely the full 16:46 mins.

The film just used small chunks of the full 16:46 version. When See For Miles reissued it in the 90s, they put the full version on it along with 'Nick's Boogie'. Both have been reissued numerous times such as 'London 68'. AIUI, it was an audio lifted from the film made of them performing the two tracks.

My favourite version of 'Interstellar Overdrive' is the one recorded for Anthony Stern's 'San Francisco'

It got a vinyl-only release a couple of years ago: https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-Interstellar-Overdrive/release/10165060

advertisement

Back