advertisement

The difficult second album...........

Totally agree re Infected, much as I love Soul Mining it IMHO is defined by two singles

However Infected is a F@£king masterpiece, the accompanying video for each track just added to it's greatness

Umm, that's his third solo album and his sixth album overall. ;)

Wrong thread - I'll add it to the musical genius one!

But, saying that, TG's "D.o.A: The Third and Final Report of Throbbing Gristle" is better than their debut.

Umm, that's his third solo album and his sixth album overall. ;)
It’s the 2nd album under the The The name :) BB Soul was Matts second solo, that’s how I pigeon hole them anyway.

Ever tried searching online record shops for his stuff, bloody nightmare the search engines usually just return a gazillion THE results.

See without being seen, cassette ‘78

"I recorded 'See Without Being Seen' in the cellar of my parent's pub, where I'd set up a small home studio. I was sixteen years old and working in a West End recording studio at the time. Although it was never officially released I did duplicate dozens of copies on cassette and, resplendent in their black & white photo-copied sleeves, sold them at various gigs I was attending at the time by the likes of Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, Wire, This Heat... Lots of distorted drum machines, electric piano, echo guitars, weird lyrics"​

Reissued last year on CD
https://www.thethe.com/product/see-without-being-seen-cd/

Following the sell-out, limited edition release of See Without Being Seen in its original cassette format for ‘Cassette Store Day’ 2019, this extended CD version features an additional 3 bonus tracks (on top of the 3 extra instrumental tracks from the same period that featured on the cassette re-release). In the style of all of THE THE’s previous Cineola releases, it also includes a deluxe 36-page booklet, replete with information concerning the origins and the restoration of this material, lyrics and images of the original cassette sleeve and artwork.​

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - Easy Pieces - although it has 2 great singles on it could never hope to compete with their fantastic debut.

However the Pixies hit their heights with Doolittle no. 2 or 3 depending how you count come on pilgrim.

.sjb

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - Easy Pieces - although it has 2 great singles on it could never hope to compete with their fantastic debut.

However the Pixies hit their heights with Doolittle no. 2 or 3 depending how you count come on pilgrim.

.sjb

I'd certainly count Doolittle as their second, and an amazing album at that!!

advertisement

Back