advertisement

The Detectives: Fighting Organised Crime Gone.

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
Annoyingly, this five parter appears to have been canned after two mesmerising episodes.

Does anyone know why? I understand that it shows quite violent scenes, but you see far worse on YouTube, and there’s always an hour of backstory to explain what on earth is going on.

Disappointed.

I have been watching that (I grew up south of Manchester and was going out in the early 90s when these lads were very young indeed, but don't live there now), thought it was a good programme - I looked to see if it was on later and thought it must have been on Wednesdays. I don't know why it's not on, hopefully it's just a scheduling thing.

It hasn’t been canned.
There are more episodes waiting.
I presume that there are sub judice issues preventing broadcast.
Maybe caused by covid delays in courts.

Alternatively the gangs have had a word with Salford Quays...

Riveting stuff...but as they freely admit it is a lot more difficult to cut the head off the snake(s).
Cases so far have been low level brutalism and can't shake the feeling they made it into the series due to the CCTV element. Which of course makes sense.

I watched an older programme tonight on how our double jeopardy law was ditched. I was riveted to it. Fascinating.

I’ve just found out this: Last week, the BBC replied to a tweet explaining that the three remaining episodes (of The Detectives) would air later in the summer, and follow one 'complete story.'

I’m looking forward to it. It’d be perfect for now, what with this crap weather. Grrrrr.

I watched those episodes, both excellent. I wasn’t aware there were supposed to be more though. There was another series showing an investigation into rapes of young women which had a similar format and again was very good.

advertisement

Back