advertisement

The Cure - love this song..

First saw them at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1981. After punk/new wave their glacial poise just blew me away. Loved this song ever since.

Yup, definitely one of their best. I also saw them at Glastonbury '86, I was a big fan but that was the only time I saw The Cure. Did see The Banshees though with Rob Smith on guitar.

My favourite version is the one on 'Concert' which descends into a wall of noise.

Is it their best track? At the moment that would be 'The Figurehead' but it's the one that's been played the most.

We used to see them whenever we could at smallish London venues in the early 80s like the Institut Francais. Very tight, simple changing single colour wash lights and great sound. A Forest used to be a highlight for me and the earlier songs from Three Imaginary Boys were also great live.

They are on the cover of this months Mojo, good article. Always liked them but have none of their albums, rather odd situation.

They are on the cover of this months Mojo, good article. Always liked them but have none of their albums, rather odd situation.

You owe yourself a copy of this.

41BJDF8QFVL._AC_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Ah right...I'd always assumed the 12 was longer than the LP version.

No, it's longer than the 7" version. ;)

The only early 12" that's truly extended is 'Primary' but that's just a cut 'n' paste of the LP version, dropping in repeated guitar bits in between verses.

Yup, definitely one of their best. I also saw them at Glastonbury '86, I was a big fan but that was the only time I saw The Cure. Did see The Banshees though with Rob Smith on guitar.
Same here, was there in the rain at Glastonbury 1986, have a great bootleg of it too, mixing desk I think, and also same here, was the only time I saw them. Were you also one of say 50,000 people round one tele watching the Argentina game? Memories. Oh, and HMHB were fab. And the ticket was 24 quid.

advertisement

Back