advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

My Landcruiser is minging, Not washed fot ay least 6 months now , Todays high is around 4 degrees so it wont get done today either:(

The country roads round us turn my Rangey into a filthy mud transportation device at this time of year and when I tried to wash it a few weeks back, the water in the hose was still frozen!

I pondered using the watering can but, in the end, I was overcome with laziness and took it to the local Polish chaps. Looks much better now (the wheels are silver again, for a start!), and it’ll get a full wash and polish when the weather is better.

First full wash...

BH snowfoamed, wheels cleaned with AG Magma and various wheel brushes, rinsed, hand washed with Autobrites Purple Velvet, rinsed, AG Polar Seal applied, rinsed, towel dried (in between rain showers) :laugh: , all door shuts towel dried inc fuel filler area and tailgate shuts, both of them, wheels towel dried and tyres treated with Gyeon tyre gel

Done...

Now its lashing it down, again :D

Has anyone refurbished their own wheels ? My landcruser wheels are a mess , Don't want to pay a small fortune to have them done professionaly , Any tips ? Thanks.

Has anyone refurbished their own wheels ? My landcruser wheels are a mess , Don't want to pay a small fortune to have them done professionaly , Any tips ? Thanks.

Yup... A lot of faff and they never look that good. Plus the outlay for paint, materials etc soon adds up!

Find a decent local powdercoaters; they'll have them done in a few days and for probably around £180-£200

It's not that an expensive process unless you want specific paint/finish/diamond cutting etc

Yup... A lot of faff and they never look that good. Plus the outlay for paint, materials etc soon adds up!

Find a decent local powdercoaters; they'll have them done in a few days and for probably around £180-£200

It's not that an expensive process unless you want specific paint/finish/diamond cutting etc

Who takes the tyres off and re fits them , With balancing ?

Is your neighbour OK with all your cleaning product spilling onto their drive, and you walking all over it to take the photos?

Yes o_O:rolleyes:

Seriously, is that all you can think of?!

The run off is called laws of physics and our neighbours are great folk who we get on with very well & he's as much of a car nut as I am

When you pack up at work, walk outside, and find your neighbours have, once again, been having (illegal) bonfires.
It's not exactly funny, as have seen the damage this ash can do to even a ceramic coated car (as this is)
The entire car was totally covered as per bonnet & roof image

Drive home & it really has to be cleaned well.
CarPro lift, lambswool mit, rinse off with De Ionsed water, CarPro Reset, lambswool again, and good final rinse with pressure washer.

Quick blast with the 'blo dry' and back to where we were when drove to work.

Managed to get the new Brembo 370mm discs and OEM BMW pads swapped out yesterday on the front; rears are OEM BMW and changed 4k miles ago so they're fine as they are

5W30 Liqui Moly & Mann filter change done too

Ready for it's first road trip & shakedown tomorrow ;)

Managed to get the new Brembo 370mm discs and OEM BMW pads swapped out yesterday on the front; rears are OEM BMW and changed 4k miles ago so they're fine as they are

5W30 Liqui Moly & Mann filter change done too

Ready for it's first road trip & shakedown tomorrow ;)

Lovely looking car. Love a pretty estate

New shoes fitted today:

Will get them thoroughly cleaned at the weekend, get them treated with Gtechniq C5 and then hopefully fit them to the car if the rain holds off; temps are on the up now, 10ºC here today! No need for the winters any more...

post pic of alloys on the car if you get chance, and if i may ask where did you get the alloys? cheers

My summer setup will not be seeing the light of day until late April for sure :)

I usually swap them over late Feb/early March, but temps are too warm here now for winters and I'd rather preserve them for the next season... Plus you can feel their 'squidginess' now in the warmer temps

However; it looks like we may be getting some colder weather next week, so may hold off yet

advertisement

Back