advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

I struggle to see how there’s a difference between the use of polar seal vs aqua wax other than that the former requires the use of a pressure washer/foam lance, whereas the latter does not.

With both you just apply when wet, then dry the car.

Excepting that in this instance it's a FO big caravan, so the pressure washer application is much preferred to a tiny trigger gun.

I struggle to see how there’s a difference between the use of polar seal vs aqua wax other than that the former requires the use of a pressure washer/foam lance, whereas the latter does not.

With both you just apply when wet, then dry the car.

The Polar Seal works better & lasts longer

Been using it for a good few years now; Aqua Wax before that. The Polar Seal does the better job

The Polar Seal works better & lasts longer

Been using it for a good few years now; Aqua Wax before that. The Polar Seal does the better job

That’s fair enough. It’s just that your previous post mentioned buffing off, so I was a little confused.

Sounds like the PS is pretty much ideal in this case.

That’s fair enough. It’s just that your previous post mentioned buffing off, so I was a little confused.

Sounds like the PS is pretty much ideal in this case.

The Aqua wax you spray on whilst the cars wet, use one towel to work it in & then the other towel to buff that dry etc…

Polar Seal you apply via a snowfoam canon or decent spray bottle, rinse off & then towel dry the car

Does it go on neat or do you dilute it?

There are instructions on the bot tole which you should find online; but you add 3 to 4 cap fulls to your snowfoam canon, add roughly 200ml water & then apply it to the car etc

You’ll see it working as soon as you apply it & rinse the car

The Aqua wax you spray on whilst the cars wet, use one towel to work it in & then the other towel to buff that dry etc…

Polar Seal you apply via a snowfoam canon or decent spray bottle, rinse off & then towel dry the car

Nah, you don’t need separate ‘working in’ and buffing processes for the AW, it works fine just spraying on when wet then drying with a towel.

Nonetheless, as I say, the PS sounds ideal here.

Nah, you don’t need separate ‘working in’ and buffing processes for the AW, it works fine just spraying on when wet then drying with a towel.

Nonetheless, as I say, the PS sounds ideal here.

That's what's stated on the destructions; exactly how I'd applied it for years until Polar Seal came out:

https://www.autoglym.com/rapid-aqua-wax-complete-kit

FWIW @matt j - my FIL has a huge motorhome and he uses Polar Seal on it & has found it to be great in aiding an easy clean every time they're back and the thing is caked in dead bugs/tree sap fallout and the usual road grime etc...

Because you apply it via the snowfoam canon; you can get it to cover every surface and once rinsed; it's applied etc

That's what's stated on the destructions; exactly how I'd applied it for years until Polar Seal came out:

FWIW @matt j - my FIL has a huge motorhome and he uses Polar Seal on it & has found it to be great in aiding an easy clean every time they're back and the thing is caked in dead bugs/tree sap fallout and the usual road grime etc...

Because you apply it via the snowfoam canon; you can get it to cover every surface and once rinsed; it's applied etc

Yeah that's what we're after, does it help with the general green slime it acquires sat outside all year? He struggles to wash it very often and I can't always be round there doing it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for some sort of hydrophobic/coating product to stick on a caravan? the catch being it has to be super easy to apply as my old man is getting on and I don't think he is up to wax on/off Mr Myagi style any more, and sure as shit I ain't doing it!

Something that maybe goes on in a pump sprayer or a foam cannon and can be wiped off? We're looking to reduce the amount of elbow grease required when it comes around to washing it next.
I’ve used this stuff and even after three months, little in the way of muck seems to stick permanently to the Audi

https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/product/ceramic-magiseal-ceramic-shield-foam-lance-sealant/

Oh that’s interesting, I wonder if it changed at some point in the past. I could have sworn it said optional buff an hour later or something like that. I’ve also used it for several years, and have never needed to buff. Just spray on when wet, then dry with a ‘waffle’ towel. Never had an issue with the finish (visible a number of pages back in this thread) or efficacy.

Learn something every day.

Yeah that's what we're after, does it help with the general green slime it acquires sat outside all year? He struggles to wash it very often and I can't always be round there doing it.

Nothing sticks Matt. It does get a good wash about 4 times a year and then a decent snowfoam and rinse when they use it.

But other than that it's in storage and there is the general grime build up, but the snowfoam and rinse bring it up sparkling etc.

Bought myself a new project earlier this week... I managed a whole month without a car :D

This time around it's another BMW E39, but it's the 4.4l M62 V8 and it also hails from the Land of the Rising Sun ;)

Bodywise and interior it's in great condition; the door handles need to be resprayed and I'll be getting rear PDC retrofitted also

Alloys I'll be taking this week to be refurbished

Engine bay was thoroughly cleaned & detailed yesterday and today was the interior and exterior

The cleaning has started :laugh:

In-depth clean inside; all vents steamed cleaned, all buttons/switch packs steam cleaned. All door cars steam cleaned and wiped down. Pedals cleaned thoroughly; air-con system sanitised and then all new OEM BMW anthracite velour floor mats fitted :D

It's had a thorough clean outside too; all door shuts & fuel filler cap areas deep cleaned; alloys cleaned as best as I can but will be dropping them off this week to get refurbed

Car snow-foamed; all window trims cleaned with a detailing brush and concentrate APC; car rinsed, hand washed, rinsed, Autoglym Polar Sealed & towel dried

Black plastics treated as best I can, tyres treated with AG Tyre Dressing and that'll do it for now...

Traffic Master system stripped out (hence the centre console being on the passenger seat, waiting for the cup holders to arrive and I'll re-fit it all. New OEM BMW centre cubby box on its way too as the original one fell apart as soon as I touched it!

Yesterdays work:

New filters fitted:

ABS and MAF sensors protected:

AG Engine Bay cleaner/Degreaser applied; thoroughly scrubbed and rinsed/dried off & then detailed with 303 Aerospace Protectant

Alloys refurbed in Ferric Grey; ceramic coated (Gtechniq C5) and fitted to the car yesterday along with an 82mm stud conversion:

Just need to get it booked into my pals now to get the full brakes & suspension overhaul sorted!

Clay block question ,
Can one be used on any paint and any paint surface ,
I have a block and a clay mitt , not used either at the moment .

advertisement

Back