advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

I’m a sucker for Bilt Hamber too, I’ve used auto foam for probably 4 years and instead of snowfoaming with it (I use other TFR for that from time to time) I dilute it into a 5L Screwfix pump sprayer (1in10 ratio from memory) and used like that it’s so economical and lasts for many washes as you use so little.

Perhaps similar to Surfex (which I use for wheels and other degreasing but not as a pre-wash) I have begun to use 3% Optimum No Rinse in a bottle spray before rinsing or shampooing the car (previously used ONR mostly for claying), it’s a tip I picked up here

Well; after a decent run up to the Highlands; over to Braemar on Tuesday to visit & lift the Inver Stone at the Braemar Highland Games Centre; back to Dunkeld and then a few other road trips, the land-barge is now grey with a hint of brown and the alloys are brown completely :D

The interior is absolutely filthy too :rolleyes:

It's forecast to lash it down here all week as well; that doesn't help at all!

I'm going to have to manage my OCD carefully this week as the car is in desperate need of a clean and I'm going to get little to no chance if the forecast pans out... :mad:

On a good note; the Inver Stone got shouldered twice ;) :D

Washed mine last weekend. Since then it's covered 500 miles and gone from clean to filthy to reasonably clean again thanks to the last 2 days of heavy rain. That's clean enough, it's doing another 220 miles tomorrow morning.

Stopped raining for 30mins here so got the interior thoroughly cleaned; hoovered, all carpets Autoglym 'Autofresh'd', all seats leather cleaned & wiped down, same with the dash etc and all kick plates wiped down with Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl cleaner...

My OCD took over on the car mats :D

Well; after a decent run up to the Highlands; over to Braemar on Tuesday to visit & lift the Inver Stone at the Braemar Highland Games Centre; back to Dunkeld and then a few other road trips, the land-barge is now grey with a hint of brown and the alloys are brown completely :D

The interior is absolutely filthy too :rolleyes:

It's forecast to lash it down here all week as well; that doesn't help at all!

I'm going to have to manage my OCD carefully this week as the car is in desperate need of a clean and I'm going to get little to no chance if the forecast pans out... :mad:

On a good note; the Inver Stone got shouldered twice ;) :D

Would you like some weight training ? I have a amp that needs carrying indoors , 165lbs :D:cool:

Stopped raining for 30mins here so got the interior thoroughly cleaned; hoovered, all carpets Autoglym 'Autofresh'd', all seats leather cleaned & wiped down, same with the dash etc and all kick plates wiped down with Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl cleaner...

My OCD took over on the car mats :D

That's some quick cleaning but where are the before pics? haha!

Collected my F10/11 Style 351s from the refurbers for my F01 730D :D

Fully refurbed in Platinum Silver and fitted with OEM centre caps and M badges; also shod with Falken FK510s in 245/45 and 275/40 19" flavour

Will get the fitted soon enough; temps seem to be rising so the winters won't be needed for much longer!

Just need to fully wax them and then give the wheel arches a thorough deep clean before I fit the new shoes ;)

That's some quick cleaning but where are the before pics? haha!

As requested; todays 'before & after' pics...

After a full wash consisting of:

- Wheels cleaned with ValetPro Bilberry wheel cleaner & rinsed (wheel arches also rinsed to within an inch of their lives)
- Car thoroughly pre-rinsed with ValetPro citrus pre-wash
- Rinsed
- KKD snow foam applied and left to dwell for c10mins
- Rinsed
- Hand washed with 2 bucket method (grit guards fitted) using Autobrite banana gloss shampoo
- Rinsed
- Autoglym Polar Seal applied
- Rinsed
- Towel dried including all door & boot shuts; alloys & tyres also towel dried
- Tyres treated with Gyeon Q2 tyre gel

Done (and knackered) :D

Quiet in 'ere...

No one stupid enough like me to be washing their cars at this time of the year?! :D

Not had chance to wash my cars for a while now and when the weather has been good, I've been working so they'll have to wait a bit longer! It hasn't stopped me buying some more cleaning gear in the meantime though.

As requested; todays 'before & after' pics...

After a full wash consisting of:

- Wheels cleaned with ValetPro Bilberry wheel cleaner & rinsed (wheel arches also rinsed to within an inch of their lives)
- Car thoroughly pre-rinsed with ValetPro citrus pre-wash
- Rinsed
- KKD snow foam applied and left to dwell for c10mins
- Rinsed
- Hand washed with 2 bucket method (grit guards fitted) using Autobrite banana gloss shampoo
- Rinsed
- Autoglym Polar Seal applied
- Rinsed
- Towel dried including all door & boot shuts; alloys & tyres also towel dried
- Tyres treated with Gyeon Q2 tyre gel

Done (and knackered) :D

Nicely done.

How is it looking today though? :D

advertisement

Back