advertisement

The Blue Nile...................

OK, temptation was far too great...……………

Very different (my original is A5:B6).
The new mix has a way richer sound with a boost in bass. I am sure some would suggest that it is somewhat lush, but I actually find this new version even more emotional that the original, which would have been hard to imagine before comparing back to back. Goosebumps from the very first few notes.

Just a couple of tracks from Hats compared so far.

OK, temptation was far too great...……………

Very different (my original is A5:B6).
The new mix has a way richer sound with a boost in bass. I am sure some would suggest that it is somewhat lush, but I actually find this new version even more emotional that the original, which would have been hard to imagine before comparing back to back. Goosebumps from the very first few notes.

Just a couple of tracks from Hats compared so far.

The mixes are the same. The albums have been remastered.

Stephen

A 'Hats' Up . . .

05 & 06 January 2020

Guy Garvey's Finest Hour

Celebrating The Blue Niles album Hats

Elbow frontman Guy Garvey celebrates the birthday of classic album Hats by The Blue Nile. The album was released a mere 30 years ago this year and had a huge influence on Guy.
With contributions from The Blue Nile's head honcho Paul Buchanan, the velvet voiced Emma Pollock, Texas lead singer Sharleen Spiteri, trumpet player on the album Alex Poots and engineer on the album Calum Malcolm.

Something to get your nashers into - listen to the show and all will be explained.

There will be lots of Blue Nile classic tracks and some surprise covers.

Here to be enjoyed.

advertisement

Back